Under desk bike machines are an excellent way to stay fit while working at the same time. Did you know that according to a 2008 Vanderbilt study, around 55% of a person’s waking life is spent sitting? People spend on average 7.7 hours a day on their caboose.
Prolonged sitting has potential life threatening side effects, hence the importance to stay active and keep moving.
Aside from standing desks, other office chair alternatives, or being down right more active, the only substitute for what is commonly being called the sitting disease is active sitting.
Active sitting is the act of keeping the blood pumping and the body moving while sitting on your rump. There are a lot of solutions on the market, and a ravingly popular one tends to be under desk pedals.
Under desk pedals are portable, sturdy exercise machines that go under desks and can be pedals while working on daily projects. They are an excellent way to keep fit while plugging away during your work day at your desk.
Now that we know under desk pedals are a great way to combat the harmful effects of sitting, what next?
To make it easy for you, we compiled a list of the best under desk bike picks available on the market.
While you’re at it check out these office chairs under 300 dollars. They pair great with the following exercise machines in this list.
***MAKE SURE YOU GET THESE WHEEL STOPPERS IF YOU PLAN ON USING ANY OF THE BELOW ITEMS ON A OFFICE CHAIR WITH WHEELS***
Top Under Desk Bike Choices
Rating: 4.7 | See Price on Amazon
The DeskCycle Desk Exercise Bike Pedal Exerciser is one of the most popular and well known under desk bike machines on the market. It has raving reviews and customers swear by the DeskCycle brand. What’s nice about this desk exercise option is that it’s one of the smallest and quietest options on the market. Here’s what make this under desk pedals great:
- 5 display options including calories burned, speed, time, distance and scan
- 8 calibrated resistance settings tailored to meet your exercise needs
- Small profile under desk bike that won’t take up a lot of space
- Magnetic resistance for a smooth pedaling experience
- Quiet and low profile – won’t bother your co workers with any noise/distractions
Rating: 4.2 | Read More on Amazon
The Cubii combines under desk bike features with modern technology. Although it’s more of an under desk elliptical than a under desk bike, the Cubii is an active sitting powerhouse of an exercise machine. The Cubii is one of the more feature rich, high end in-office exercise machines. Having said that, it comes at a bit of a price tag. Here’s what the Cubii offers:
- Smooth, unconscious exercise that is optimized for daily use
- Comes with 8 resistance settings
- Connects to your phone with bluetooth
- Custom phone app that tracks exercise, shares results, sets goals and allows to compete with friends
- Comes with wheel stoppers for use in chair with wheels
4.6 | See Customer Reviews
The MagneTrainer-ER Mini Exercise Bike is the classic under desk bike machine. In addition to being an under desk pedal system, you can put it on top of your desk to get an arm workout as well. The MagneTrainer is an excellent under desk bike option for those looking for a versatile, durable and high quality low impact exercise machine for the office. Here are the features that come along with these under desk pedals:
- Compact with a sturdy steel frame
- Arm and leg exercise compatible
- Patented magnetic resistance with the widest resistance range of any mini bike exercise machine
- Adjustable Velcro straps that will fit any foot size
- Electronic monitor that displaces speed, time, calories burned, distance pedaled, etc.
- Runs on batteries (AA)
#4 Eva Medical Folding Pedal Exerciser with Electronic Display for Legs and Arms Workout (Fully Assembled Exercise Peddler, no tools required)
Rating: 4.6 | See Price Now
The Eva Medical Folding Pedal Exerciser is the perfect lightweight, bare minimum way to stay fit throughout the work day while sitting down. This under desk bike is minimalist active sitting at its finest. This under desk pedal machine comes fully assembled with the following features:
- Adjustable tension knob for multiple resistance settings
- No hassle assembly – comes ready to pedal out of the box
- LCD display: Time, revolutions per minute, revolution count, calories burned
- Foldable for easy storage
Rating: 4.4 | See Price Now
The Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Mini Exercise Bike is a solid choice for an under desk bike. This under desk pedal is perfect for those who want to exercise while sitting down but don’t want to spend a fortune doing so. It’s a bit larger than other options on this list, however it comes with some great features:
- 8 different magnetic resistance settings
- LCD screen display: time, speed, distance, calories and ODM
- Comes with foot straps so your feet will stay in place
#6 Platinum Fitness PFP2100 Fit Sit Deluxe Folding Pedal Exerciser Leg Machine with Electronic Display, Blue
Rating: 4.4 | See More on Amazon
THe Platinum Fitness PFP 2100 is similar to the Eva, however this one comes in a few different color options; Great for those who want a little personality addition to their desk. Want to get your exercise in and at the same time give your office a boost in pizazz? This under desk bike might just be the one for you. Here are the features of these under desk pedals:
- Comes in 5 colors: Blue, green pink yellow and orange
- Foot straps to keep your feet sturdy while pedaling at your desk
- Adjustable tension knobs for multiple resistance settings
- LCD display screen that shows exercise time, revolution count, RPM and calories burned
Rating: 4.1 | See Customer Reviews
The j/fit is perfect for those looking for an elliptical option without all the bells and whistles (i.e. bluetooth connection and phone app). This under desk pedal machine is elliptical as opposed to a bike pedaling system. It comes with the following features:
- Works both sitting and standing
- Compact and will fit under almost any desk
- LCD display that reads time, distance and calories burnt off
- Adjustable resistance knob from very easy going to fairly intense
Rating: 4.3 | See Price on Amazon
The Exerpeutic WorkFit 1000 isn’t an under desk bike machine. It’s a full bike machine with a desk attached. Want an excuse to get up from your office chair, get some exercise AND get work done? This active sitting option may be the perfect fit. Here are why this chair is a fantastic choice for office exercisers:
- Fully adjustable desk height chair height and back height
- Durable armrest
- 8 different resistance levels of magnetic tension
- LCD display that shows multiple different settings and options
There you have it folks, a list of excellent under desk bikes that will keep you fit and energize you while working.
If you picked up the active sitting bug, be sure to check out these alternative office chairs. Whatever you do, it’s important to understand the harmful side effects of sitting and how you can prevent long term damage. Active sitting can be as easy as taking a 15 min walk a few times a day or making a point to stand up more often.
Other Related Posts
- Need a Standing Desk? Try These 12 Best Varidesk Alternatives
- Game All Day in The 18 Best Computer Gaming Chair Picks
- Top 25 Best Office Chair Picks of 2017