On a tight budget for your home office furniture and equipment? Fortunately, you can still find one of the best office chairs for under $200 that will deliver the comfort, support and durability you need.
We’ve researched, tested and analyzed dozens of chairs in this price bracket.
Below, we’ve listed 10 of our absolute favorites.
Keep reading to learn more.
Best Office Chairs for Under $200: Our Reviews
Office chairs come in all shapes and sizes, and some are better fits for different sized people. You need a chair that will work for your body and for whatever workspace you’ll be using your chair in. Keep in mind your personal needs as we go through each chair on our list.
BERLMAN Computer Chair – Best Value
The Berlman Computer Chair is our best value option. This chair is an excellent choice for any working situation in your home or at your office.
This is a comfortable computer and desk chair for your home office or your workspace. It is easy to assemble with clear instructions and uses quality materials built to last long-term. The Berlman features a mesh back for breathability, comfort, and support.
The chair uses a high-density sponge material, and a large width seat supports your body. You can adjust the seat height and the tilt of the backrest to fit your body needs. You’ll enjoy a personalized seating position to help you through long hours of work.
Customers praise the low price and high-quality ratio of this chair. The breathable mesh and lumbar back support are all strong points that buyers love. They also report that Berlman has top-notch customer service. Buyers also confirm this chair’s durability, and the robust materials ensure that you can rely on it for the long term.
Overall, this chair is a fantastic choice for the office or home office. It combines a low price with high-quality value. Buyers have praised the design for bringing you comfort and stability while you work. The only drawback is that this chair is not the best option for taller people above 6 feet.
- Great value
- Foldable armrest
- 250 lb weight capacity
- Not ideal for taller people
- Durability-- desk chair frame made of High quality material which can be used for years
- Breathable-- Mesh back office chair with lumbar support office chair keep you comfortable all day work.
Hbada Office Task Desk Chair – Best Compact Option
The Hbada is our option for smaller desk spaces and offices. This chair features a sleek and compact design that is easy to fit in slightly tighter spaces and rooms. You’ll save space in your work area by using a chair that allows room for desks or other chairs that might be in your space.
Hbada designed this chair with an ergonomic backrest that mimics your lower back curve so you can work for long hours without back pain. The back of the chair uses a flexible mesh that supports you. The foldable armrests are an excellent option for freer arm and hand movement and allow the chair to fit underneath desks.
The chair is stable and durable, featuring a heavy-duty base and a caster that rolls silently. Also, the chair can tilt up to 120 degrees if you want a reclining option. The chair’s height is adjustable, allowing you some freedom to set it at your preferred position off the ground.
Buyers of this chair praise its compactness and back support. This is a sleek and straightforward desk chair that has several adjustability options. Overall, we believe this is a great choice for those with smaller work areas and want a compact and simple chair. This chair is also comfortable and durable–relieving you of back pain while you sit and work.
- Flip-up armrests
- Ergonomic backrest
- 120-degree tilt retention
- High-density mesh back
- Smaller size
- Made of cheaper materials
- Home Office Desk Chair - Sleek design and simple adjustment mid-back desk chair. Match different decorative styles. Ergonomic backrest fit the natural curve of the lower back and take the pain of spinal away from your body
- Space Saving - You can flip the arms up and put the chair under the desk for saving space.Suitable for livingroom, study room, conference room and office
OFM ESS Collection SofTHread Leather Office Chair – Best for Long Work Hours
OFM is bringing you a chair that you can trust for long working hours. SofThread leather covers this chair for extreme comfort and back support while you work. This chair allows you to swivel 360 degrees and also offers a reclining position with tilt tension control.
The ergonomic features of this chair include a center-tilt mechanism that rotates the chair sweat back to a reclining position. It also has an integrated headrest and armrests. Even with its moving parts, this chair is easy to assemble and comes with a company warranty.
Customers report that OFM has excellent customer service and that this chair is durable and easy to put together. Buyers praise how comfortable and supportive this chair is for working.
For our take, this chair is an excellent pick for people who are working long hours in a sedentary position or small office. The comfortable material and the reclining option allow you to relax in between working sessions, and it’s a convenient choice because it’s easy to assemble.
If you do buy this chair, just don’t expect real leather. The material is still comfortable and supportive for your back, however.
- Easy construction
- 360-degree swivel
- OFM Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Uses imitation leather
- No adjustable armrests
- PREMIUM MAKE & MATERIALS - The chair provides superior luxury and comfort even during long, intense work hours. The premium thread stitched diamond pattern provides a sophisticated detail that provides additional comfort.
- CONTOURED COMFORT - The computer chair features contoured, segmented ultra-plush padding, is covered in breathable SofThread leather for a luxurious feel, and provides all-day back support with the integrated lumbar cushion.
SIHOO Ergonomics Office Chair – Most Comfortable Chair
The SIHOO Ergonomics Office Chair is our selection for the most comfortable chair on our list. It is a versatile chair that will work in your home, office, or the company conference room.
This chair features an S-shaped backrest that fits the spine line. The shape of the backrest supports the back and helps to relieve your back of harsh pressure.
With an overall height of up to 46.1 inches, this is a stable and sturdy chair that is very comfortable as it has multiple adjustment points. The headrest is adjustable to 45 degrees, and you can lift the headrest almost 4 inches if you’re taller. You can also raise and lower armrests.
SIHOO also includes a one year warranty on this chair. Customers are happy with this chair’s sturdiness and comfort. The Ergonomics Application Association approved this chair. While there are many adjustable components, there is no height adjustment for the chair.
As our most comfortable chair, we recommend this on our list of best office chairs under 200 because of the competitive S-back design and adjustable components for maximum support while you work. You can personalize this chair’s shape to support your body and protect your body from back pain.
- Approved by Ergonomics Application Association
- One Year Warranty
- For home, office, or conference room
- S-shaped backrest design
- Plastic back support
- No height adjustment
- ★【Function】The headrest can be adjusted at 45° and lifted 3.94 inches. The armrest can be raised and lowered 2.76 inches. The inclination of the backrest can be adjusted 90°-125°. The waist pillow can be adjusted up and down by 19. inches, and the front and back can be adjusted by 1.2 inches.
- ★【Size】The overall height of the chair is 42.13-46.1 inches. Cushion width * depth = 20 * 20 inches. The distance between the cushion and the floor is 16.96-20.87 inches. The back is 20 inches wide. The width of the headrest is 11.8 inches.
Office Chair Ergonomic Adjustable Desk Chair – Most Mobile Chair
The Office Chair has an adjustable height and back design. It features an ergonomically padded backrest that extends to the lower back providing more generous support. You can loosen the knob on the end of the chair for gentler support.
The Office Chair Ergonomic Adjustable Desk Chair optimizes seating comfort and support for you while you sit. Customers praise how comfortable this chair is to assemble and for its ability to move. The chair easily swivels and glides across the floor. This chair allows you to move freely around an open workspace.
Also, this chair comes with a 12-month accessory replacement service in case you lose any parts. This chair’s full height is 46 inches, and it comes with an adjustable seat height to fit your body. This chair is a great option for people above 6 feet because of its height and seat size.
As our most mobile option, we recommend this chair for anyone with a larger workspace and more oversized desks. This chair will allow you to glide across short distances easily while also keeping you comfortable and well supported. It also gives a reclining option for a time in between your work sessions.
- Easy to assemble
- 105-degree reclining angle
- 12 Month Replacement Service
- Some plastic parts
- No adjustable lumbar support
- 【Attention】①We will provide 12-month accessories replacement service, please feel free to contact us if there is any problem. We will try our best to solve the problem for you. ②Our office chair will come with all hardware & necessary tools. Please follow the instruction, you'll found it is easy to assemble and the estimated assembly time is less than 30mins.
- 【Recliner Function & Adjustable Soft Armrests】The max reclining angle for this computer chair is about 105°. While seated, lift the third lever up(next to the chair back), let your chair tilt back, then pull third lever down, lock tilt angel. Press the button on the armrests, you can lock any height you need. The armrests are soft, comfortable for you to have a rest.
AmazonBasics High-Back Office Desk Chair – Best for Kids and Teens
AmazonBasics brings you a simple and comfortable office chair that is easy to assemble and affordable on a budget. It features a comfortable upholstery in black faux leather with a pewter finish frame. The chair has a carrying capacity of 275 lbs.
In addition to being an office chair, this is also a good seat for your kids who need a desk chair for remote learning. Customers praise how easy this chair is to assemble, and so this makes an excellent chair for kids and teens to use. It also fits people who are over 6 feet tall as a simple but comfortable option.
This chair is best if you need a quality chair fast. It will work for students who are working from home too. The setup time is about 10-15 minutes, and the package comes with all of the parts you need to assemble the chair. Overall, it is a well-constructed office chair for comfortable working or studying.
- Easy to assemble
- Suitable for people over 6 feet
- Simple office chair on a budget
- Imitation leather
- Comfortable executive chair black polyurethane bonded leather upholstery and a pewter finish
- Padded Seat and Back for all day comfort and support
Hbada Ergonomic Executive Office Chair – Most Versatile
The Hbada Ergonomic Executive Chair is our most versatile option. It will fit any space and still provide you comfortable support for working with its different positioning options. The Executive Chair features a double layer ergonomic backrest that fits the spine and supports the lumbar.
The leather is a high-quality and durable synthetic leather that will resist both water and oil, making it safe to have around drinks you might have on your desk. Also, this chair is incredibly mobile and flexible to give you more than just a chair for work, but also a chair for relaxing.
This chair also features a retractable footrest when you recline it. The seat height is adjustable to meet different needs. This chair can even angle between 90-135 degrees and has a swivel with 360-degree rotation.
Customers love the customization of positions this chair allows.
It is a comfortable and spacious option with relaxing recline positions that ease the lower back’s weight. It’s great for both home and work use. This chair’s options have made it our most versatile choice on our list for the best office chair under $200.
The Hbada Executive chair is complete with a retractable footrest for use when you want to relax. Customers report they use this chair outside of work purposes because of how flexible it is. To us, this chair provides a great support system for the back. You can use it in a variety of different ways to help you remain relaxed while working.
- High-Quality PU leather
- Resists oil and water
- Retractable Footrest
- BIFMA Certified
- Small design
- Comfort Support: Double layer ergonomic backrest consists of soft elastic cotton and native sponge can fit human spine and support lumbar. Thickened headrest and cushion filled with high-denisty native sponge to ensure you will not feel pain or sore for long time working at your desk.
- High-Quality Materials : This high-back executive chair upholstered in high-quality PU leather. It’s a durable synthetic leather resist oil and water can makes the office chair smooth, premium looking and easy to clean.
Home Office Ergonomic Mesh Computer Chair – Budget Option
The Home Office Ergonomic Computer Chair is our budget option, but we wanted to give you a cheap option with maximum value. This chair is easy to set up and assemble, and it comes with all of the necessary hardware and tools you need.
The chair uses a high-density sponge cushion to make an adjustable office chair with a supportive middle back design. This is another excellent choice for kids during remote learning or for home office and office use. The mesh design is flexible and sturdy for a simple home office seat that helps you work.
Customers praise this chair for people of surprising quality and low price. The quality materials and ergonomic design to support your body make this a great choice for people looking for a chair on a tighter budget.
If you’re looking for a simple and affordable option, this is the office chair for you. It has a no-hassle assembly process, so you can put it together quickly and start using it. The mesh material is flexible and durable and gives you a reliable seat to work on.
- High-density sponge cushion
- Comfortable mesh design
- BIFMA Certified
- Low Price
- ✿【Easy to Set up】 - Office chair comes with all hardware & necessary tools. Follow the desk chair instruction, you'll found easy to assemble, and computer chair estimated assembly time in about 10-15mins.
- ✿【Soft & Comfort Seat】 - Desk chair using high-density sponge cushion, more flexible, office chair with a middle back design, rectangular ornament not only as a decoration, it can provide good lumbar support makes you feel comfortable.
Big and Tall Office Chair – Best for Taller People
The Big and Tall Office Chair is the office chair designed for people who have trouble finding a correctly-sized office chair for their home office or work. This chair is our solution for taller or bigger people who need the same back support and comfort while they work.
This chair has a carrying capacity of 500 lbs. Though it is a larger chair, it is easy to set up and comes with all of the necessary tools in one package. The chair uses a PU leather upholstery as an extra thick cushion desk chair for maximum comfort.
The Big and Tall also has maximum mobility with a 360-degree swivel, so you can still turn and rotate around in your office even if you have longer legs. The wider backrest and seat are ideal for supporting a larger person’s body.
Customers praise the chair’s solid design. Buyers mention how the chair is durable and lasts a long time. It also stands up to its name, fitting taller people of over 6 feet very comfortably and helping them work in their offices.
We recommend this chair for people over 6 feet. Some of the other chairs on our list are not ideal for people of this stature, so this is their best bet. The wider backrest and cushion make this a relaxing chair to sit in and help relieve back pain so you can work longer and better. This chair also has a few different color options that you can choose from.
- Supports up to 500 lbs
- Different Colors available
- Wide seat
- Uses some cheaper materials
- ❤Best for big and tall - the Big and tall office chair with soft PU leather upholstery and unique appearance, and extra thickly cushioned desk chair for you maximum comfort. Executive chair have commercial-grade components, supports up to 500lbs. Big and tall office chair executive chair desk chair.
- ❤Super easy to Set up - Our desk chair Comes with all hardware And necessary tools. Follow the executive chair instruction, you'll found easy to Set up, and big and tall office chair estimated assembly time in about 10-15mins. Big and tall office executive desk chair.
Furmax Office Managerial Home Desk Chair – Best At Home Office Chair
The Furmax Home Desk Chair is our option as the best chair for an at-home office. This chair provides extra support due to its soft texture. You’ll feel comfortable and relaxed as you work at home in your office.
This chair features a strong, heavy-duty base with smooth-rolling casters to keep you balanced while you move. The leather on this chair is waterproof in case you spill a drink while you work.
Customers are happy with how easy this chair is to install and at a great price. Many have selected this chair while working from home. It is also a comfortable option for students who are remote learning.
With a high backrest, this chair is also a good option for taller people. We recommend this chair for people who need comfort and support in a home office setting along with mobility. The 360-degree swivel makes this chair easy to move around with as it supports turning and rotating.
- 300 lb weight capacity
- 360-degree swivel
- Air leakage from the cushion
- An ergonomic High back office chair for workplaces like home, office, conference room and reception rooms; the fine quality of the chair treats users a new level of comfort at busy work.
- Comfortable high back office chair with cushioned back and seat upholstered provide extra support, large thick pad, soft texture slow down the pressure of the sedentary.
What To Look for When Buying an Office Chair for Less Than $200
Everyone’s situation is different and may require different needs from an office chair. You need a chair that will support both your working situation and your body when you look for the best choice. Office chairs make you more comfortable, but they can also inhibit your ability to work if they’re not a match for your workspace.
The first part of the equation, in this case, is of course the budgetary questions. Does the chair come in below your max price of $200?
If so, you still want a chair that keeps you comfortable and able to work. And like we’ve mentioned in our posts about the best office chairs for under $300 and under $100, there are several other factors to consider before you make your final decision. While comfort is a significant factor when selecting a chair, also keep in mind that chair durability, features, your work environment, and your body are important things to consider.
Look for a chair made with quality materials. It’s unrealistic to expect an office chair to offer the same support now as it will after you’ve used it for a few months or years, but you want a chair that you can count on that won’t break down easily. A chair in constant need of repair or new parts will slow you down at work and will only frustrate you.
Select a chair known to keep in good working order for a long time. Remember that you’ll likely be using this chair a lot during your day. Any structural problems will remain with you and disturb you as you work. Be sure to check customer service policies if you find that your chair has any missing or damaged parts.
The chairs we reviewed have a variety of different features. Things like adjustable headrest, armrests, backrests, or retractable footrests are parts of chairs that make them unique. Think about which of these features would make you more comfortable and which you can do without.
Since you will be using your chair daily, you want a practical option that suits your preferences. The ideal chair is one you enjoy sitting in all the time, making working easier rather than more rigorous.
Your working environment will tell you what features you need and what features you don’t need. For example, if you have a smaller space and remain mostly sedentary at your desk, a chair that moves easily or allows you to have greater mobility is unnecessary.
Perhaps your working environment is a little more open and requires you to move around your desk space. In that case, you will want a chair that allows you to move around more easily. Open spaces also allow more room for you to have a reclining chair. It is essential to think about how your chair will function in the area you’re working in.
Last, but certainly not least, consider what your body needs when you purchase your office chair. Your body’s comfort and ability to do work while sitting for a long time are likely the reason why you’re looking for an office chair. You may also be looking for more back support to relieve back pain. Find a chair that accomplishes those things for you.
Choose the right size chair for your body. Particularly if you’re taller, look for a chair that we mention is better for taller people. If your chair is too small, you may find yourself sitting too low to the ground or find that the seat is too short. Either of these positions will make working difficult.
Also, make sure that the chair you buy can support your weight. Look at the chair’s weight capacity and consider if the chair will be able to hold your weight after a long time. You don’t want to push that capacity too far as it will damage your chair.