How We Tested
We recommend these products based on an intensive research process that's designed to cut through the noise and find the top products in this space. Guided by experts, we spend hours looking into the factors that matter, to bring you these selections.Click here for testing insights >
The best kids’ gaming chairs should feature a combination of comfort, style, and technical compatibility with the games they love to play.
The chair should also be sized correctly. And, most importantly, it should be fun and safe piece of furniture that your child can claim as their own.
There are many styles and brands in the kids gaming category. To lessen the burden of doing the research, we’ve looked at scores of options, from simple cozy seats for little ones to multi-media vengeance zones for talented teens.
Keep reading to learn about our top 5 gaming chairs for kids, followed by a handy buyers’ guide that summarizes key points to think about when choosing the best chair for your gamer.
In a hurry? Our top 3 Picks:
Best Kids’ Gaming Chairs
OUR TOP PICK
The GTRACING seat has been known to be redeployed as a seat of parental strategy for Call of Duty or Red Dead Redemption.
Because the maximum weight limit is 300lb, it can easily accommodate your average seat-pilfering adult, and the cushioning makes this appealing for all ages.
It’s ergonomically designed with good support for the lower back, head and neck. The thickly padded back and seat are composed of high-density foam with a faux leather covering which minimizes damage from spillage.
It can recline in four positions from 90° to a recumbent 165° recline, making it fabulous for reading or watching an iPad with feet up on the bed.
It’s also a very safe seat, weighing in at a stable 50lbs, which is unlikely to tip over, however enthusiastic the gamer.
The lure of this seat is the Bluetooth receiver and two speakers which can enhance the surround-sound experience of whatever your child happens to be playing.
The speakers on this gaming chair are run on a rechargeable 6-hour battery. Mercifully, there is also a socket for headphones so that the whole house doesn’t need to share the joy of whatever game is being played.
- Easy to assemble with clear instructions
- Multi-use bluetooth receivers can pick up music from a variety of sources (iPad, laptop, phone etc as well as the PS4 or Xbox
- Long-lasting from childhood to teens
- Comfortable for sustained periods of time
- Good value for money, but a hefty investment nonetheless
- The seat reclines a little too far given that there is no footrest. A stool might be a good idea.
- Enjoy Music: The chair is equipped with two Bluetooth speakers,which can be connected to your smart phone,tablet or other Bluetooth enabled devices by a Bluetooth Adapter(not included) within 5 meters,it will bring you remarkable and richly detailed stereo sound in solid bass,clear and full audio.You can enjoy music for 6 hours when fully charged.
- High Quality: We never hesitate to use high-quality raw materials to provide consumers with the most cost-effective chairs.Thicken padded seat cushion is not easy to collapse;built-in metal frame is wider and thicker;heavy-duty base keeps chair stable;smooth nylon casters will not damage your floor;premium PU leather can withstand the sun and rain.
This second office-style wheeled seat is going to make your child’s fellow Fortnite fanatics very jealous. There are 12 accent designs honoring different aspects of Fortnite characters.
The Raven Xi design is a deep purple with backrest indents which emulate Raven’s mask eye holes.
There are differences in size across the range of designs, but they are almost indistinguishable, the most generous seats being at most a couple of inches wider, taller or deeper.
The chair is given a race car look to get the gamer into an urgent and adventurous frame of mind. There are no specific bells or whistles on this seat in terms of Bluetooth receivers, connectivity, or vibration capacity, but that’s not the unique selling point.
The appeal here is comfort, durability, and the simple joy of having furniture that blends in with the world in which your child immerses themselves.
Atmospheric benefits aside, it’s ergonomically designed with a high back featuring segmented padding, and it features the added bonus of an extended footrest to make the maximum reclining position of 155° even more comfortable.
This is highly adjustable with infinite locking positions for your perfect playing angle.
The Raven Xi seat can handle up to 275lb of weight.
- A significant reduction in price has brought it down to well under $200
- Comfortable to sit in and fun to look at
- Spins freely and safely through 360°
- Will still be a comfortable desk chair after they have grown out of Fortnite
- The recline lever is a little close to the elevation lever, which can lead to surprises
- Though easy to clean, the seat coverings are not breathable, which may make them uncomfortable in hot or humid conditions
- FORTNITE RAVEN GAMING CHAIR - Ready to play like a gaming legend in the Fortnite edition Raven gaming chair? A racecar-style gaming chair that provides luxury and comfort, whether it's used for intense gaming sessions and climbing to the top of the leaderboards, or long workdays
- ARMED WITH COMFORT - This video game chair features a high back with segmented padding and an integrated headrest because you don't need to feel like you've been gaming all day This ergonomic chair is also equipped with an extendable footrest, so you can kick back and game on Padded armrests round out your comfort arsenal
With the Birdrock Home adjustable floor chair, we’re moving into a totally different classification of seating.
The Birdrock chair essentially works like a plush mattress built into a steel frame. The frame operates like a fabric-and-steel sunlounger, the upright section operating on a ratchet system so that you can achieve the perfect slothing angle.
To release the ratchet and push the seat flat, you have to double it all the way over and then return the leading edge to the floor. Your child can fix this seat into 14 positions to suit their activities.
For gaming, they can site perfectly upright. Then, they can recline slightly to watch TV, or lounge significantly so that they can chill with a Netflix episode playing on their iPad or (hopefully) read a book.
These super-light seats (10lb!) are so comfortable, particularly for players of racing games which involve steering wheel controls.
The outer fabric is soft, making any floor a pleasure to sit on. Adults have been known to use these seats to do jigsaws on low coffee tables. The back support is fabulous for any kind of floor game, or for sketching with a pad on your lap.
For parents with little time on their hands, this seat has an added bonus: there is no assembly required whatsoever. You take it from the box, hand it over to your little gamer, and then put your earplugs in.
- Light and portable
- Ready to use on delivery
- Inexpensive in comparison to racer-style/office seats
- Easy storage
- Creates comfort at ground level, making it suitable not just for gaming but many other past times too
- The fabric isn’t exactly wipe-clean
- There is little head and neck support for older kids
- COMFORTABLE: designed with high quality chopped memory foam and soft plush fabric to give a comfortable seat on any floor. The memory foam conforms to your body giving you a perfect seat. Provides back support when sitting on the floor.
- ADJUSTABLE: easily adjust the floor into 14 different positions allowing you to lay the chair flat to take a nap, lounge to watch your favorite movie or use at 90 degrees to play board games
The X-Rocker Surge is the teen gamer’s dream chair. This one has the bells, the whistles, and probably a few klaxons, too. For such a compact seat, it contains a startling number of mod cons.
Let’s start with the shape and composition. The rocker chair separates your gamer’s rear from the floor with a generous supply of TX cushioning. The back is reasonably high to deflect those involuntary backward lunges, and the balance and weight distribution is great enough to support a teen leaning backward.
It provides its very own sound experience with two forward-facing speakers and a powerful subwoofer for that realistic sensation of impending threat.
The X-Rocker surge houses an inbuilt wireless bluetooth receiver, like the GTRacing chair, but also the connectivity options of the RCA outputs and the headphone jack.
Even cooler, it can link up with other X-rocker chairs in multiplayer mode. This is a popularity chair.
It’s also a chair which you’ll have to assemble yourself. That said, the instructions are easy to follow and it’s a quick job.
You will notice, when putting it together, that it is a folding gaming chair: this may come as a surprise given the sturdy, one-component initial appearance.
Although it’s not significantly heavy when put together (36.16lb), it can take 275lb of weight nonetheless.
- Crammed with novelty value
- Excellent value for money
- Comfortable for extended playing
- Easy assembly
- Your gamer will enjoy the sound volume and quality far, far more than you will
- It’s tried to be a little too futuristic: there are still a great many people using systems which depend upon HDMI leads for connectivity, and it’s surprising that they will need to use an adaptor with this chair
- ROCKER GAMING CHAIR WITH SPEAKERS: Video gaming, race seat designed chair can be used for playing video games, watching movies and TV, listening to music, reading, and relaxing.
- IMMERSIVE MEDIA EXPERIENCE: 2 forward facing speakers with powerful subwoofer, provide great sound and a low rumble intensifying your game, movie, or music
Our final recommendation is for a widely praised armchair for the really little kids. In stark contrast to the X-Rocker, this seat is literally a soft, tiny throne for gamers of 5 years old up to the point where they’re weighing in at 90lb.
The foot extends, the rear reclines, and there’s a headrest and matching pillow in color combinations of black/white; black/red and black/blue.
The foam filling is springy and soft, but also fire retardant, which is extremely important. You want them to be safe in their armchair, even when you can’t see them.
The seat is upholstered with a fabric called LeatherSoft, which is not the authentic article, but has the same feel to the touch (and which has the same benefit of being easy to clean with a damp cloth).
You need to assemble this seat yourself, but if the feedback from happy customers is anything to go by, this is an easy 5-10 minute job, even with the mechanics of the reclining function.
This seat is a wonderful addition to a den, front room or bedroom, and will help your little one feel more grown up. Who doesn’t want a throne of their own?
- Robust frame and reclining mechanics
- Inexpensive for the type of seat
- Safe for unsupervised use
- Fabric surface not ideal for hot weather (but just line it with a sheet)
- The upholstery isn’t particularly durable unless your child is a particularly static player and doesn’t shift much in their seat
No products found.
Best Kids’ Gaming Chairs Buying Guide
We know that choosing a chair for your kids’ gaming presents a very real parental dilemma. On one hand, you want to get a decent amount of bang for your buck and find something that’s safe, fun, and which enhances their gaming experience.
On the other hand you don’t want to have to remove your kid from their seat with the help of grappling ropes, forklifts, or friends who work with SWAT extraction teams. It is possible, after all, to have too much of a good thing.
In fact, it’s estimated that between the ages of 8 – 13, over 60% of children spend an average of 2 hours a day playing video games.
Gaming chairs come in a variety of shapes and sizes, with varying levels of multi-functionality, media connectivity, and noise levels. Navigating all the choices can be daunting.
Here are some things to consider when getting started.
Multifunction and Budget
We’ve tried to include a range of seats which suit different gaming purposes, which we hope is helpful. However, when deciding on your budget, it’s worth spending a moment deciding where else this chair can be used, and to what other purposes.
For example, the TK “chair” is quite portable when folded flat, and GTRacing office seat could be swiftly rolled from games console to desk to get that coursework done in comfort.
It’s also useful to have an idea of how long you want this seat to last, and whether it can/will be passed down to a sibling.
If so, you want something which is not overly complicated or aesthetically designed to appeal specifically to boys/girls.
Have the “favorite games” discussion with your child
Battles, shoot-outs and rapid pursuits: If your gamer has an inclination for Fortnite and other games of this kind, then a rocker-style chair is probably the most comfortable (and safest).
For starters, they’re unlikely to enjoy the confinement of arm rests, and if they do fling themselves off the seat in over-identification with their sharp-shooting avatar, then they don’t have far to fall.
Forza and F1 racing games: padded floor seats are likely the best option if you think that this is a trend which is likely to last. Most racing games are best played with a wheel control, which can’t easily be reached from an office chair or armchair (without damaging your child’s posture).
FIFA, NBA and team sport games: Office chair-style gaming seats are great for these games. These seats will endure a good amount of enthusiastic bouncing and it is natural for the young gamer to lean back and forth while taking shots. Frankly, it’s also fun doing a 360° spin after a goal’s been scored.
Posture and Safety
The chair should provide adequate back support and help them to retain something which at least resembles good posture (though there’s little of that to be seen when they’re throwing their cars around corners!)
Safety features to watch out for:
- Adjustment levers which do not enable fingers to get caught
- Stable base (sometimes heavier is better with rocker seats, for example)
- If possible, lockable caster wheels so that your little gamer doesn’t fire him or himself across the room in reverse
- Labels which indicate that the seat is ergonomically designed
- Fire-retardant cushioning
The cushioning should still feel soft and be able to endure a good couple of hours of gaming, or several hours of sitting if it’s also being requisitioned as an office chair (with all bells and whistles turned off).
If the seat reclines beyond 135°, then there should be adequate compensatory foot support or they will simply strain the small of their back and angle their spine awkwardly while ‘resting’.
Potentially sharp corners should be padded, and the taller chairs for older kids must have a decent head support.
Finally, panels which provide ports for plugs, wifi and Bluetooth controls, or other forms of connectivity should be intuitively designed to be operated by touch alone once your child has worked out where all the buttons are, and what they’re for.
There’s nothing more exasperating for a gamer than having to break off mid-excitement to climb off their seat and fiddle with the special features.
Other Products We Considered
The Office Chair Picks editorial team researches hundreds of products based on consumer reviews, brand quality, and value. We then choose a shorter list for in-depth research and testing before finalizing our top picks. These are the products we considered that ultimately didn't make our top 5.