Are you stuck working at your house all day with no idea when you’ll be in the office for a while? Maybe you’re transitioning into a full work-from-home situation. You’re not alone. In 2022, this has become the “new normal” for many employees around the world.
When you are used to the office providing you with some of your work necessities, you may not realize what you might need until you need it right then and there. No worries though! This list will give you some starting thoughts about some work-from-home essentials that will help you within your new “office.”
Top Work-From-Home Essentials For Everyday Use
When it’s time to take some notes, don’t settle for looking around your home for a piece of paper and miss half of the discussion. Instead reach for a trusty notebook like these from PaperCode. Shoppers love that these notebooks feature bleed-proof pages so you don’t have to worry about notes flooding together.
- FUNCTIONAL: Constructed with an elastic closure strap, each lined notebook includes an inner pocket folder, 2 ribbon bookmarks, and 130 easy-tear perforated pages (college ruled).
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Thick 120 gsm paper ensures that your writing notes or drawings won't bleed through the page. 180° lay flat capability for ease of use. This notebook set includes two bound books.
Sitting at your desk all day? If you randomly grabbed a spare chair from the dining room, you may want some extra back support. This back support pillow from Bonmedico is a lumbar pillow featuring comfortable memory foam. It comes in standard and small sizes and adds plenty of support for your spine and help eliminate back pain from sitting.
- Cushioned Comfort: This lumbar support pillow features firm memory foam for padded relief that your lower back will appreciate.
- All-in-One: Get the most out of your lumbar pillow - use it as a car pillow when driving, a simple back pillow at home, or even as a desk chair cushion in the office.
Maybe you’re not a fan of sitting all day or maybe your former desk at work was adjustable. Either way, a standing desk converter just might be what you need to help switch up your space. This converter by TechOrbits is a two-tier 32” wide stand so you can place your monitor and keyboard on it. It simply adjusts on your normal desk – or kitchen table – so you don’t have to worry about standing the entire day away.
- The Rise-X Pro desktop riser allows you to go from sitting to standing in seconds. Squeeze the handles and lift to raise the height to a level that best supports your comfort and posture.
- SETUP - This adjustable standing desk riser comes unassembled with everything you need, including easy-to-follow instructions for putting together a workstation without the hassle.
Who says you can’t work and work out at the same time? With the Under Desk Bike Pedal by DeskCycle you can multi-task work and gym time into one. It comes equipped with a LCD screen that shows the distance you traveled and the amount of calories burned.
- SMALL & SMART : Our quality under desk exercise machine keeps you focused, improves productivity and burns far more calories than a standing desk. Home exercise equipment that can fit under desks as low as 27inches.
- ADVANCED DESIGN: With more than twice the resistance range of other foot pedal exercisers, our desk elliptical has 8 calibrated resistance settings so that you're the one in control. The pedals have adjustable straps to keep feet secure and comfortable.
When it comes to owning an office chair, you’re either one of three people: one who has a non-rolling desk chair, one who has a rolling desk chair, or one who has a rolling desk chair that skids more than slides. If you happen to fall into the latter category – or want to turn your favorite non-rolling chair into one you can push across the room during breaks – turn towards these caster wheels from Office Owl. Soon you’ll be gliding in no time.
- UNIVERSAL FIT - Our desk chair wheels are designed to fit your lifestyle. Whether you're looking for a smoother work experience, an upgrade to your gaming chair, or some new blade casters, these wheels will fit.
- MAT NOT REQUIRED - No mat? No problem. Our chair casters can glide on short carpet, wood, tile, and hardwood without any scratching or catching (we don't recommend using these on medium to long pile carpeting).
If you don’t mind sitting all day, but you are frustrated at some lower back, hips, or tailbone pain, it might be time to look into a coccyx seat cushion. If you don’t know what a coccyx seat cushion is, that’s okay. Essentially it’s a cushion for your seat that features an ergonomic cutout so there is less pressure on your tailbone as it “floats.” Bonmedico’s comes in three different sizes and two colors and features a gel layer to keep you cool as you work.
- ✔ ENHANCED SUPPORT FOR YOUR BACK AND TAILBONE: The bonmedico orthopedic tailbone cushion supports pain relief for the spine and buttock by shifting the tailbone when sitting and aligning the spine for healthy posture. The ergonomic seat cushion helps to relieve symptoms of coccyx / tailbone injury, sciatic nerve, lumbar or lower back pain by supporting good blood circulation.
- ✔ SOFT HIGH-TECH FOAM: This pressure relief cushion is an innovative gel and memory foam hybrid. Ergonomic design features a contoured compact viscoelastic memory foam core with a cooling gel layer on top that have a soft feeling from the beginning. This sitting pillow is also an excellent gift for office coworkers and drivers.
If you are someone who would rather stand at their desk as they work, your feet, legs, or even spine may get tired or become slightly sore over time. No worries though! Invest in this anti-fatigue mat from Sky Solutions. This squishy-yet-stable mat adds a comfortable layer of support between you and your hard ground. Choose from a variety of colors and sizes so you can focus more on your work and less on being comfortable working. You can also check out our glass chair mat recommendations here.
- All day support - For anyone who spends a lot of time on their feet at work or at home, this anti-fatigue kitchen floor mat is a life changer! The soft foam core reduces stress on your knees, muscles and joints by 32%
- Like walking on clouds - This anti-fatigue mat is ridiculously comfortable! The standing desk mat - which is most likely made of marshmallows, sunshine and cotton candy clouds - will make you feel lighter on your feet and more energized to work
If you don’t currently own a desk and are unsure whether or not you would like a sitting or standing desk, this mobile table standing desk from TechOrbits allows you to do both. It also can tilt the desk platform and roll around if you don’t have a designated office space within your home. Simply roll it away when you’re done for the day and roll it back out the next morning.
- HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE DESK: Can't choose between a traditional computer table and a standing desk? Now you can have both with our sit stand desk with rotary knobs that allow you to shift from 26.8in. to 37.8in. to boost your circulation and increase productivity.
- TILTING TABLE TOP: Transform this table from a level laptop desk to an inclined podium with an 80º tilt. The slanted desktop lets you sketch, read, or use your laptop at a natural viewing angle while preventing it from sliding down with a drop-stopping ledge.
Just because you are working from home doesn’t mean you can’t make it look nice. This glass and bamboo desk offers style and storage space for your new office. Easily integrate this sleekly designed desk to your bedroom or dining area while making it feel like it was always meant for those spaces.
- SIMPLE & ELEGANT - Nothing says minimalistic and modern quite like a Massimo glass computer desk. It's thoughtfully designed to add contemporary flair to any living room, home, apartment, or dorm.
- COMPLETE VERSATILITY - At 29.5" x 43.3" x 21.6", this modern desk is the perfect size to get things done. Use it for writing, playing computer games, or as a glass vanity table to get ready.
Sometimes the only way to keep a door closed to focus on work is by using a door stopper. However, if you want to keep a door open to let in fresh air, that’s always an option as well. Keep your office space from getting stuffy with a handy-dandy door stopper from Wundermax so you can keep your head clear and focused on the work ahead of you.
- Are little hands getting a grip on heavy doors? Fear not! Prevent the pinch with our robust, odorless door stopper - one less thing to worry about.
- If you're tired of unannounced intrusions, our door stop is just what you're looking for. Secure your door from the inside for added reassurance.
As you work throughout the day, it’s always important to stay hydrated! Don’t forget to sip some water as you keep your work ethic up with this sporty water bottle from Brimma. Easily keep track of your water intake with an ounce counter on the side so you keep your brain hydrated.
- GET REFRESHED FAST - Brimma Premium Sports Bottle flip-top lid lets you take a quick drink while you run, workout or in the middle of the game. 100% leak proof lid to prevent leaks and spills. It's a MUST HAVE sport water bottle for the Gym, Yoga, Runners, Athletes, MMA, Crossfit, Travel, Hiking, Cycling, Tennis, Camping, Work Office, or Outdoors.
- 100% NON TOXIC AND BPA FREE - Made from high quality durable Eastman Tritan copolyester toxin free food grade plastic that can hold up to tough conditions. Environmentally friendly, recyclable, reusable, refillable, and shatterproof gives you a healthy and less expensive option than bottled water, making it the PERFECT GIFT or as Kids Water Bottle.
Keep your desk and work organized with a useful three-ring binder. This one from Wundermax features many pockets for all of your working needs. By keeping your work organized you can keep your focus productive.
- TAKE YOUR OFFICE WITH YOU - Tired of carrying a million things to every meeting? Our professional portfolio organizer is designed to accommodate everything you need.
- DETACHABLE BINDER - This faux leather portfolio includes a handy 3-ring binder that is easily detachable for convenience. On top of that, you’ll also get 3 pen holders, multiple pockets, and a 10.1" section for your iPad/tablet!
Just because you are working on work stuff doesn’t mean you can’t do it in an enjoyable space. Have you ever just wanted to get out of the house or your office? Go sit outside in a park or in the backyard as you work with this folding floor chair. This chair is also great for anyone who is working and traveling on-the-go.
- COMFORTABLE - The bonVIVO Easy II chair provides flexible floor seating for adults and kids alike. Each floor seat is designed with padded cushioning, so you can lean back and lounge after a long day.
- ADJUSTABLE - It's a multi-angle floor chair for all your sitting needs! Lay the floor lounger completely flat to take a nap or position the backrest at an angle that best supports your back and posture.
14. Exercise Ball and Base from URBNFit
Fitness lovers, you may enjoy a different kind of chair at your desk. This exercise ball can help you take an exercise break but when paired with the base, it can become a comfortable seat.
- ANTI-BURST - Built with high-quality PVC material, the anti-burst yoga ball can handle the most rigorous workouts up to 600 lbs of weight without you needing to ever worry about the mechanism bursting or the balance ball losing its shape.
- ANTI-SLIP - The surface of this piece of gym equipment for your home is coated in a non-slip glaze that will ensure you have a proper and safe grip when using it to get fit, relieve back pain, or to soothe aches during pregnancy as a birthing ball.
- This base provides stability and aids balance while sitting on top of your yoga ball chair.
- Secure all types of yoga and exercise balls from rolling away during physical therapy or pregnancy with our stand.
Other Helpful Tips and Tricks for Working At Home:
- What things do you need to work from home?
- There are some great basics that can help you work from home and can be all you really need to ensure success. You don’t have to necessarily break the bank either. Focus on finding a sturdy desk, a comfortable chair, and odds and ends like pens and notebooks for a strong foundation. Just don’t forget the internet!
- How can I best work from home?
- The best way to work from home is to figure out what you need to ensure a successful work day. A lot of this depends on the type of work you do. You probably prefer a relatively quiet space in order to work, but don’t necessarily discount spaces that are already available to you like the kitchen table or dining room.
- What can I buy to improve working from home?
- Decide specific ways you want to improve your work from home situation. If that means focusing less on back or butt pain, purchase a standing desk. If that means finding a quieter space within the home, move your desk to an area that helps minimize noise.
- What does every home office need?
- Every home office needs only a few items. The rest depends on what kind of job you are doing. The most common items include the internet, a desk with a chair, a laptop, and maybe some pens and paper.
Whether you’ve just started working from home or have been at it for years, it’s important to make sure that you have all of the essentials to ensure you can focus on your work. With these tools, you will be able to get just as much work out of your home office as you can at the office.