When it comes to adjustable desks, the choices seem endless. But they generally fall into the following categories: electric, pneumatic, and crank.
The Seville Classics Air Lift Pro is an electric adjustable desk designed for office workers and professionals who need a sturdy, customizable workstation.
Whether you’re standing or sitting at the desk, the Air Lift Pro keeps good ergonomics as its core principle, promoting comfort and better posture.
It’s rock-solid, too: the 3 section legs allow for a greater range of height adjustment and more stability than typical 2-legged adjustable desks.
But is it worth the higher price tag? If you want to reap the benefits of a standing workstation, why not just buy a cheaper desktop converter so you can alternate between sitting and standing for half the cost?
It’s a valid question. So, to help you decide, we’ve looked closely at this product and the customer reviews to provide an in-depth review of the Seville Classics Air Lift Pro.
Seville Classics Air Lift Pro Review
When evaluating a height adjustable desk, the key design elements are the lifting mechanism and the desk surface (size and materials).
With the lifting mechanism, we look at how reliable and user-friendly it is, along with other features like programmable settings and adjustment range.
These features set a product like the Air Lift Pro apart from conventional desk converters.
And, along with the overall size, materials, and build-quality (i.e. higher-lifting weight capacity), it’s why this product comes with a higher price tag than their standard (non-pro) Airlift adjustable model.
Essentially, with this type of unit, you’re replacing your whole workstation with a single adjustable desk.
Let’s look at some of the details.
One thing that sets this desk apart from others is the lifting mechanism. The dual-motor mechanism helps you change the surface height of the desk with ease. The height range is great and should suit all your needs: as high as 51.4 inches, as low as 25.6 inches.
Better yet, it’s not only quiet but also quick, helping you adjust the desk height at an impressive 1.5 inches per second.
To make these adjustments even easier, Seville paired the lifting mechanism with a bright, easy-to-read LED display with 4 programmable buttons so you can set custom heights to suit your needs. You’re not tied down to presets; you can adjust this desk in a way that works for you.
Desk Surface and Quality
The desk surface is stylish and durable. It is made of medium-density fibreboard (MDF), along with an ultra-durable 3D laminate coating for a smooth work surface. The bottom edges are beveled, giving the desk that extra touch of sleekness.
And, while not as durable as the bamboo or laminate tops from brands like Uplift or Jarvis, the MDF does bring the cost of this unit down compared to higher priced adjustable desk options.
You also have several top colors at your fingertips: white, black, walnut, or ash wood laminate. Choose your favorite one to make the desk tailored to not only how you work, but also what kind of style you like. As an added bonus: while coasters are encouraged, the surface is also spill-proof for when accidents happen!
We’ve talked about the surface where all the action happens, but let’s not forget the foundation of the desk. In keeping with its durability, the desk’s base legs are all steel. That ensures no wobbling or movement while you go about your day.
Seville made sure they stood by their quality claims with ANSI/BIFMA x5.5 safety standard, ETL testing certification, and CARB Phase 2 compliance. They take safety and quality seriously, so you can feel good about that level of durability anywhere, especially in your home.
Measurements and Specifications
Here are the measurements and specifications of the desk, at a glance:
- 54″ x 28″ solid single-piece top
- Available top styles: white, black, walnut, or ash wood laminate
- 6” – 51.6” height range
- 120 lb desk weight
- 264 lbs weight capacity*
- Quiet dual motors for easy adjustments
- LED display height controller with 4 programmable buttons for custom adjustments
- Warranty coverage: 7-years for non-electronic defects and 2-years against electronic defects for the duration of the coverage period.
Best Use Cases
Desks like the Airlift Pro should suit many different desk work styles and use cases. After all, this desk is designed for variety and flexibility. As you use it, you’ll probably learn about how you work, what works for you, and what doesn’t. You can try certain tasks while sitting and others while standing to feel the difference.
If you mainly sit at your desk, you may be tempted to spend the majority of your time standing up. But as mentioned earlier, that can create other issues, so be mindful of your usage patterns. Here are some things to keep in mind if you switch to a height adjustable workstation like the Seville model:
- Make sure you’re not just standing or just sitting. Create intervals to vary your position. Use a foot mat for extra comfort or a yoga ball (even a tennis ball works) to roll your feet if they get a little sore while standing.
- Move during your standing or sitting intervals. Take steps side-to-side while standing and lean back a bit while sitting. Even fidgeting counts as movement!
- Take breaks. While an adjustable desk is great for bringing variety to how you work, it’s not a substitute for stepping away from the workstation for a breather.
- Stretch, exercise, and breathe. Even a little bit of deep breathing and shoulder rolling can make a world of difference during a long work session.
- Your adjustable desk is ergonomically designed, but make sure that your chair and any other aspect of your home office are the same. For example, keyboard position and computer monitor or laptop screen placement are important factors.
- If you continue to experience back pain, neck pain, headaches, and so on, contact your employer or a health care professional for advice.
No products found.
Here are some commonly asked questions.
Q: Does the Airlift Pro come with everything you need in the box?
A: Yes, the legs, frame, top, and controller all come in the box and are easy to assemble.
Q: Why are my legs so tired at my standing desk?
A: Of course, it takes some effort to stand for work. Your body may just be adjusting to your new desk. Keep an eye on how your body is responding, and make sure you sit or take a break if you start to experience any pain or discomfort.
Q: How long should I be standing and how long should I be sitting?
A: That depends. Everyone is different, so advice for one person may not work for another. It’s a good idea to listen to your body “cues” as you use your adjustable desk. If one position feels uncomfortable, shift to another one or step away for a little bit. As always, consult your employer or a medical professional if pain and discomfort continue.
Q: Are adjustable desks better for you?
A: There are benefits to not being stationary as long. But on the other hand, standing in place too much can cause issues, too. When used correctly, you can reap the benefits of an adjustable desk, but use one as a complement to other practices such as exercise, stretching, taking breaks, and so on.
The Seville Classics Airlift Pro generally receives favorable reviews from customers. This Youtube review of adjustable desks chooses the Airlift Pro as the runaway choice.
The ratings on Amazon are extremely favorable. Many reviewers mention the quality of the desk, user-friendly design, and ease of assembly. Some customers came to this desk after using a crank-based model, and they prefer the electric motor adjustments. The consensus is that it’s a good value for the price.
In rare cases, some have had issues with parts, but they typically mention that customer service is responsive and helps them resolve the issue. Also, a few people mention that wires are exposed in the back; they acknowledge it’s not the fault of the desk but also strongly recommend a wire management system.
Let’s summarize the Seville Classics Airlift Pro with a pros and cons list:
- Easy to assemble with clear instructions
- Easy to adjust, a good range of height, and quiet operation
- Durable materials for the top and base legs ensure a stable and sturdy workstation.
- Surface top is a good size that comfortably holds everything you need for your workday.
- Great warranty coverage backed with excellent customer support
- The brighter top colors may show stains more visibly.
- Some reviewers had issues with parts during assembly but got help from customer service.
- Cords will visibly dangle behind the desk (you may need to consider a cord organizer).
Whether you used one in your office or you want to shake up your work from home routine, if you’re considering an adjustable desk you can’t go wrong with the Seville Classics Airlift Pro.
It’s especially great for those who work on the computer or at a desk all day. Every aspect of the desk is designed with user comfort and good ergonomics in mind. The best kind of design doesn’t get in the way, and this desk is no exception.