We spend a lot of time at work. And if work involves sitting at a desk then comfort becomes paramount. That’s where office chair accessories come in.
Think about the top of the range office chairs on the market. What do they have in common? Ergonomics, premium materials and a little touch of luxury to make life easier.
That’s what you should look for when searching for accessories to upgrade your seat.
And to save time, we’ve got you covered with the 10 top office chair accessories.
- FOR THE BEST SUPPORT POSSIBLE, your under desk foot rest should be CUSTOMIZABLE to your needs – but many foot stools are THE WRONG HEIGHT and AREN’T ADJUSTABLE. Made by the only foot rest brand endorsed by U.S. chiropractors, the ErgoFoam Adjustable Foot Rest ADJUSTS EASILY to the optimum height for your chair & leg length, providing the support you need for LONG-LASTING COMFORT, BETTER POSTURE, and RELIEF FROM LUMBAR, BACK, and LEG PAIN.
- THE AVERAGE OFFICE FOOT REST is great for the first fifteen minutes, but then starts to FLATTEN OUT due to LOW-QUALITY FOAM that’s too soft and flimsy. Our high-density ErgoFoam was developed to MAINTAIN ITS SHAPE and FIRMNESS over time, RESISTING COMPRESSION under the weight of your legs and feet – and providing better support than memory foam foot rest s. With a DOUBLE-SIDED NONSLIP BOTTOM, this under desk foot stool stays put and won’t slide around on your floor.
It’s amazing what a difference a footrest can make. Raising the feet is not just good for posture. It actually makes sitting at a desk a more comfortable experience.
That’s something that the ErgoFoam footrest promises to deliver. The New York Times even gave it a firm thumbs up and named it the “most comfortable and supportive footrest”.
It’s also adjustable and can be flipped over to use as a foot rocker (good for circulation).
With excellent online reviews for this product, it could be a welcome addition to your office chair set up.
2. Lumbar back support
- Relieves Backache and Fatigue After Long Sitting Hours: Our lumbar support pillow is anatomically shaped to contour to the natural curve of your spine, giving you more support than ordinary back cushions. What's more, it supports the upper, middle, and lower back to effectively reduce compression for hours of sitting comfort
- Prevents Slouching, Sagging and Hunching: The specially contoured design of our back support pillow has extended sides that hug your back and a gentle curve that nestles in the vulnerable lumbar space. Helps you avoid slouching that causes back pain so you can work or drive without discomfort and stand up from your desk without the usual stiffness
Having a strong back is important for overall health. But it can be hard to strengthen the body if you have a job that involves a lot of sitting.
And if you’re someone that suffers with pain and discomfort then consider a lumbar back support for your office chair. Preferably one made out of memory foam with an orthopedic design.
Everlasting Comfort has a pure memory foam lumbar back support that can be attached to any chair. It has a hypoallergenic and breathable 3D mesh cover, and a lifetime replacement pledge.
If you’re not familiar with using a lumbar back support, the cushion can be placed anywhere along the chair for pain relief of the lower, mid or upper back. And it works by supporting the natural curve in your spine.
3. Armrest covers
- ERGONOMIC ARM PILLOW: Our super soft memory foam pad relieves pressure between your arm and elbow by providing cushion, you feel comfortable in your chair. Easily put on and taken off, pad size 9.5'' x 4.5'' x 1.5'' fits chair arms from 6 to 10.5 inches. As our pad is 9.5" in length and 4.5" in width, so if your stock armrest is shorter and longer than these sizes, it won't be a prefect fit
- NO MORE SORE ELBOWS & FOREARM: These armrest pads solve the problem of hard, plastic armrests. Covered with super soft, premium quality polyester fabric, they dramatically improve your comfort level. The snug armrest pad covers won't induce sweating
Another way to upgrade a standard office chair is with cushioned armrests.
Not all chairs come with comfortable armrests, but when you spend all day sitting in a chair, you want comfort. Not sore elbows and forearms.
For this, we turn to trusty memory foam again. Aloudy manufactures ergonomic memory foam arm pillows that can easily attach to an office chair. And they come in a velvet polyester finish for some extra luxury.
The only consideration is the size. These arm pillows fit chair arms from 6in to 1in so if yours are smaller or longer, they may not fit.
If you need additional padding and support, check out these desk pads designed to support your elbows and wrists while typing.
4. Cup holder
- The opening is 3 inches across and is compatible with most containers with angled/tapered walls, including tumblers that are 20-30 ounces such as YETI, RTIC, Mossy Oak, and Ozark Trail.
- The mounting portion of the ARCH is 3 inches wide and 5.5 inches long.
You’ll never realize just how convenient a cup holder on your office chair can be until you’ve tried it. It will make you wonder why you didn’t think of it sooner.
First things first though. To make it work you need a sturdy product that can handle the full weight of a drink. No one wants their morning coffee crashing to the floor.
The BottlePro armrest cup holder is a good option. It has two loop straps to connect it to the chair and it can be adjusted to suit the size of the armrest.
This product can even be used with a wine glass in case you find yourself working into the evening.
5. Seat cushion
- MAXIMUM RELIEF AND COMFORT: Ultra premium memory foam layered with soothing gel technology provides ultimate support and comfort. New larger design with more gel coverage than other gel cushions. Designed to relieve pain and tension from the lower back, coccyx (tailbone), hip, spine, and sciatic areas. Firm density provides extra support.
- DURABLE: 100% Premium therapeutic grade memory foam combined with gel. Will not flatten out with prolonged use. Non-slip bottom ensures the cushion stays in place and will not shift or slide on any surface.
Like the lumbar back support, a seat cushion can really improve comfort during the working day. Especially if you experience pain after long periods of sitting in a chair or you have sciatica.
A seat cushion is also portable, which means you can use it when driving, working or any other time when you need some extra support.
But how does it support your back? Basically, a seat cushion promotes good posture, proper spine alignment and ensures even weight distribution. All of which reduces pain.
Kieba has a cool gel memory foam orthopedic seat cushion. It promises support and comfort, particularly for the lower back, tailbone, hips and sciatic areas. It also has a removable cover and a non-slip bottom.
To learn more, check out some of the best memory foam seat cushions that you can add to your chair to boost comfort, support and breathability.
6. Foot hammock
For some fun in the office, a foot hammock is the way to go.
A foot hammock is exactly what the name suggests. It’s a hammock that attaches underneath your desk for your feet. Think of it as a relaxing break for your legs throughout the day.
And if listening to music is a part of your working routine, the foot hammock by Deskool could be right up your street. This product even comes with a built-in headphone holder.
Yes, a foot hammock requires some light work to fix it to the desk. But it’s totally worth it to chill out with your feet resting in a premium cotton hammock.
Read more about using an under desk footrest here.
7. Armrest storage
- Storage for Walkers, Rollators & Scooters, Arm Chairs, Office Chairs
- Large Main Compartment, Large Zippered Pouch, Covered pockets
Not everyone has the space for a large desk that can store everything you need during the working day. There is a solution though – an attachable armrest storage.
Think of it as an organizer for your office chair. It attaches to the armrest and hangs down the side of the chair. You can store pens, notebooks, a phone or anything else you need.
Versa-Pouch has a stylish grey option that is functional and easy-to-use. It can even be removed from your office chair for the weekend and used on a garden chair while relaxing.
The only downside to consider is that it’s attached to the arm of the chair. So, make sure the arm is long enough for the storage compartment.
8. Chair cover
- SOFT STRETCH MATERIAL - Smiry office chair covers are made of 95% polyester and 5% spandex fabric, soft and comfortable, durable and long lasting. High elastic fit to protect your chair from spills, stains and tearing perfectly.
- FASHION PRINTED DESIGN - Multiple fashion printed patterns to choices, update your old damaged office chair. It is perfectly combine style and durability to add new life to your computer chairs.
A cover is both a practical and stylish accessory for your office chair. Not only does it protect the fabric (or cover up any damage). It’s also an opportunity to inject some personality into a standard piece of office furniture.
A good starting point is the fabric. You don’t want something that will feel cold in the winter or too hot in the summer.
Next, consider the design and colors. What would make you happy? What would match the office décor? Or bring some life into the office environment?
For a range of designs, smiry has a wide selection of stretch printed covers with the promise they will fit most office chairs. The designs are also removeable, washable and anti-dust.
Learn More: Check out our picks for the best office chair covers.
- Soft, comfortable nylon mesh provides enjoyable support for your head
- Easily installs to chair with screws
A headrest is another ergonomic feature that can be a welcome addition to any office set up.
Anyone that suffers from a stiff neck will know that being able to rest the head can bring some welcome relief. But not every office chair is equipped with a headrest.
Fortunately, you can buy an attachable headrest (depending on the chair), like this one by Lorrell. It has a nylon mesh structure to provide comfort and support and has received great reviews online.
10. Floor mat
- 💚PREMIUM QUALITY AND ECO-FRIENDLY: SALLOUS chair mat is manufactured from 100% polyester fibers and non-slip backing. This durable and reliable material can perfectly protect your hard floors. The environmentally friendly materials allow you to be in a safe and healthy environment.
- 💚DOUBLE NON-SLIP SURFACE: The desk mat has a easy glide surface to provide chair will glide smoothly on it and works perfectly in your home office. It is come with a non-slip backing that sticks firmly to the floor without curling, warping, or leaving any residue either. Suitable for hard floors including: vinyl, hardwood, laminate, stone, tile. NOT FOR CARPET OR RUG!
Last but by no means least, investing in an office chair mat can be a game changer.
Alternatively, a floor mat enables smooth movement and protects the floor from wear and tear.
So, there you go. Ten office chair accessories to transform the working day from a standard slog to a comfortable experience.