Searching for a comfortable gaming chair to support your back is a bit like searching for the holy grail. It could be out there. You just don’t know where to start looking.
That’s where we come in. As experts in ergonomics, we know that sitting for hours at a time playing computer games isn’t good for our backs. But we do it anyway.
That’s why we’re always on the lookout for the best chairs on the market. And this time we’ve turned our attention to the KILLABEE brand and its top three models.
So, why did we choose to review KILLABEE?
KILLABEE is one of the oldest and most well-known manufacturers of gaming chairs out there. The company started out by making office chairs in 2001. But moved into gaming in 2013 after spotting a gap in the market for good quality gaming furniture at reasonable prices.
The result is a selection of gaming chairs with built-in back support that won’t break the bank.
Let’s find out what the top three KILLABEE models have to offer and which one could be a good fit for you.
1. KILLABEE Big and Tall Chair (8212 Series)
Killabee is known for making gaming chairs with a special focus on big and tall gamers. And the 8212 series is one of their most popular big and tall chairs, with dimensions that will work for users from 5’8” to 6’2” and up to 400 lbs.
While the 400 lbs is substantial, this is the absolute maximum, and most users actually report a weight limit closer 300 lbs.
Either way, this Killabee chair does have some features that make it a good choice as a primary gaming chair, or even as an ergonomically designed office chair.
The seat, for example, is made from a high-density sponge material that provides 6.5” of soft and responsive cushioning. Also known as memory foam, this type of material will keep you comfortable for hours while still maintaining its firmness.
The 8212 also comes with a backrest that you can set at multiple recline angles, from 90 to 155 degrees. The first setting is, of course, when you’re in serious gaming or working mode and sitting fully upright at your desk.
Even then, you can use the tilt rocking function to rock back and forth in a 15-degree range, using the tilt tension feature to control the resistance. And if you want to lock in at a much more relaxed mode, you can go all the way down to 155 and, basically, take a nap.
The height adjustment range takes the seat height from 20.5 to 22.8 inches. While this is a smooth pneumatic adjustment, we weren’t as thrilled about the just over 2 inches of adjustment range. We prefer at least 4” so you can find that optimal sitting height with legs at a right angle and feet flat on the ground.
This chair sits on a sturdy black metal frame with PU casters that will roll pretty smoothly on most surfaces.
You also get 3D adjustable armrests, so you can change the depth, width and height. This is a versatile feature that’s especially useful when you’re sharing the chair among different users, or switching between office/gaming mode.
Overall, we think the 8212 series from Killabee holds its own in the big and tall category. While there are definitely bigger and more robust chairs out there, this one comes in at a reasonable price point and delivers on comfort and adjustability.
Assembly is fairly easy with this chair, with clear instructions and pre-installed bolts to ensure proper alignment. But to make it even easier, Killabee includes assembly videos for most of their top-selling chairs.
Here’s the 8212 series assembly video:
Keep this link handy as it will make putting this together much easier
Backrest: 23.2 Inches wide x 33.5 inches tall
Seating area: 21.7 inches wide x 20.5 inches deep
Seat cushion: 6.5” high
Armrests: 3D adjustable, including height adjustment range of 3.9”
Total Chair Height: 51.1 inches to 53.5 inches
Colors: Black, Blue, Red, and Gray
- Heavy duty metal base with a claimed weight capacity of up to 400 lbs
- Tall backrest with extra width
- Memory foam seat cushion and 3D adjustable armrests
- Easy to adjust and recline
- Some users have reported issues with durability and squeaky parts after extended use (keep in mind that this chair comes with a 1-year warranty on parts)
- Height range is limited
- Memory foam sponge material may compress and become less comfortable over time
- ★ 【THE MOST COMFORTABLE CHAIR】 - Upgrade your gaming experience with this ergonomically designed racing gaming chair. The updated version features memory foam padding on top of the existing seat cushion and Lumbar pillow. The rocking high back and the wide armrests will hug every curve of your body and provide you with unbelievable comfort. The high backrest with detachable padded headrest and lumbar cushions will also support your neck and spine, so that you won't have a “computer hunch”
- ★ 【EVERY PART IS ADJUSTABLE】- You can adjust every single part of the racing style gaming chair to perfectly fit the type and height of your body. More specifically, you can adjust the height of the office chair, the tilt of the backrest, the back pressure and the armrests. The armrests can be adjusted to 3 dimensions, up and down, forth and back, and rotation. All of these practical mechanisms are very easy to control and readjust
2. KILLABEE Big and Tall 8257
Like the 8247 model, the 8257 has been built to make the gaming experience more enjoyable for big and tall people.
This means everything about the chair, from the size of the seat to the overall height, has been designed for people looking for extra space.
To give you a sense of the proportions, the recommended height for this chair is between 5ft 8in and 6ft 2in. And it can take up to 400 lbs (200kg) in weight.
The Big and Tall 8257 also has a full ergonomic set-up with a backrest, head support and lumbar pillow. It has a reclining function (90 to 175 degrees), a memory foam seat cushion and it’s described by Killabee as a “robust” gaming chair.
You might be thinking this all sounds very familiar to the 8247, and it is. Except the 8257 is slightly cheaper and a little less luxurious.
The 8257 has padded armrests instead of the 4-D wider style on the 8247. It has PU leather upholstery, as opposed to the premium breathable leather used on the 8247. Plus, the chair is slightly smaller overall.
However, it does have a retractable padded footrest, which is useful for long stretches of gaming. That’s something that the 8247 doesn’t have.
To give you a clearer idea of the size, here are the full dimensions of the Big and Tall 8257:
- Backrest width – 23.2”
- Seat width – 20.5”
- Seat depth – 20.9”
- Overall chair width – 26.4”
- Overall chair height – 51.2” to 53.5”
3. KILLABEE Massage 9015
The Massage 9015 is a high back, racer-style gaming chair. It’s designed to be as functional as it is comfortable, with an inbuilt massage function (hence the name).
The massage function sits in the lumbar cushion to reduce discomfort during long periods of sitting. This is a useful feature to have. Especially if you suffer with back pain after spending several hours in a chair.
The Massage 9015 also has padded armrests for extra upper body support and a retractable padded footrest. As well as a tilt mechanism to take you from sitting upright in work mode, to almost fully reclined in rest mode.
The downside? There’s no memory foam detailing in the Massage 9015, but the seat is kitted out with a soft flat cushion.
And unlike the Big and Tall models, this chair is not made for those that need some extra space.
The recommended height for people purchasing this chair is 5ft 6in to 5ft 9in (167-175cm), and it can handle up to 250 lbs (113kg) in weight.
As with the other two models, here are the full dimensions of the Massage 9015:
- Backrest width – 21.3”
- Seat width – 21.3”
- Seat depth – 20.1”
- Overall chair width – 26”
- Overall chair height – 48.4” to 51.2”
- ★ 【MULTIFUNCTIONAL GAMING CHAIR】 - Overall size at 27.6"(W) x 27.1"(D) x 48.4" ~ 51.2"(H), with a 21.3"(W) x 20.1"(D) seating area and 21.3"(W) x 31.9"(H) high backrest. Our ergonomic gaming chair with retractable footrest was designed with supreme comfort in mind. It features varied adjusting systems and comfortable seats. Ideal for long gaming sessions as well as for long hours office work perfectly fits your computer desk, and for great relaxation anytime anywhere you need it
- ★ 【LUXURIOUS COMFORT FROM MASSAGE LUMBAR CUSHION】 - Boasting a thick soft seat cushion, a retractable padded footrest, thickened armrests, and an ultra-high backrest that gently hugs your body while supports your spine and neck. Our gaming chair provides ultimate comfort. The adjustable lumbar cushion with the innovative built-in USB electric massager will effectively relieve fatigue and level up your comfort
And the winner is …
KILLABEE specializes in making gaming chairs, so all three models are great value for money. The decision will depend on your own personal preference, your budget and whether you’re a big and tall person.
The Massage 9015 is affordable and ticks all the right boxes for a functional gaming chair. It even has the added massage feature. But it’s not a spacious chair for bigger people.
Both of the Big and Tall models offer extra comfort and space, which is important for long stretches of sitting down. There is a slight price difference though as the 8247 has additional touches of luxury, plus a little extra room, making it more expensive.
So, if luxury and lots of space are at the top of your wish list when shopping for a new gaming chair, then the KILLABEE Big and Tall 8247 fits the bill. With the 8257 as a close second.