How We Tested
We recommend these products based on an intensive research process that's designed to cut through the noise and find the top products in this space. Guided by experts, we spend hours looking into the factors that matter, to bring you these selections.Click here for testing insights >
This is our review of the best office chairs with heaters for 2020.
The average adult in the U.S. spends 6.5 hours a day sitting. If you are doing this amount sitting at a desk, there is no reason to be uncomfortable.
One of the best ways to stay comfortable while seated throughout the day is by getting the right chair. However, a typical chair will not do – for a superior level of comfort, you should consider purchasing an office chair with heating functionality.
However, there are a lot of options. This means you probably want to know the best choice and what option is right for you.
Knowing what options are available, you can find a heated office chair that meets your needs and budget.
Our Picks: 5 Best Office Chairs With Heaters
- HOMCOM Heated Massage Chair
- Windaze Office Massage Chair
- Frivity High-Back Heated Office Chair
- The “BestMassage” Heated Chair
- Mecor Heated High-Back Chair
Keep on reading for details, features and pros/cons of each office chair, followed by an in-depth buyer’s guide to help you zero in on a heated chair that will work best for you.
HOMCOM is a well-known company that makes an array of chairs – including heated recliners. If you are interested in purchasing a soothing and comfortable chair, this is an excellent option to consider.
One of the best features of this chair is the included wireless remote that makes it simple to change the settings to meet your needs. It also means you do not have to worry about bending over or stop what you are doing to change the settings.
- 6-point heat and massage: Massage points target your legs, lower back, and upper back, ensuring you get a total body massage.
- Reclining capabilities: Take a quick break from what you are doing thanks to the built-in reclining feature.
- Headrest: Comfortable, high-back headrest for people of all heights.
- Adjustable height: Easily adjust the chair to find the perfect sitting height at your desk.
- Padded armrests: Relax your arms when needed with the padded armrests.
- Durable design
- Smooth glide casters/360-degree wheels
- Adjustable weight
- 6-point massage and heat
- Inability to run just massage or heat (always turn on together)
- Weight capacity of 300 lbs.
- Limited wireless remote range of 16 feet 4 inches
What Customers Have to Say
According to some customer reviews, if your goal is a deeper massage, this chair may not be right for you. The massage points are not strong; however, the heat is felt through regular office attire. Customers also like the reclining feature that allows them to take a break during the day without leaving the chair.
Considered an executive chair, the ergonomic design has helped it receive an array of positive reviews. It features a six-point massage function, superior back support for increased leg circulation, and padded armrests for all over comfort. Your body will definitely appreciate the support offered by this heated office chair.
- Heating function: The heating system provides warmth through the entire back area, helping to smooth away aches and pains.
- Quality material: Designed from UVC/UP leather, which is soft, durable, and eco-friendly.
- Massage function: Includes six vibrating massage points located along the chair’s upper and lower back region.
- Easy roll features: Offers five durable casters and 360-degree swivel.
- Remote operated: Remote control included to adjust the heating and massage settings.
- Reclining backrest
- Padded armrest
- Easy heat and massage control with included remote
- High back with headrest
- Massage feature can be loud when turned on
- 250-pound weight limit
- Difficult to put together
What Customers Have to Say
Some customers have stated that this chair is challenging to put together and that the instructions are complicated; however, once it is up and ready to go, the chair is comfortable and provides the heat and massage benefits they are looking for. Also, the company’s customer service is beneficial if you do have any issues with your purchase.
The Frivity heated executive chair provides comfort and function. Designed from manufactured wood, the frame is durable and provides support in all the right places. The chair is easy to operate, and turning the heat and massage features on and off is a breeze. The chair has been specially designed to ensure maximum comfort and relaxation for anyone sitting in it.
- Ultra-padded cushion: Regardless of a person’s body size or personal preferences, this chair offers increased padding to make it extremely comfortable when sitting for extended amounts of time.
- Heated massage controller: Six massage settings are included to provide relief and comfort right where it is needed.
- Easy-adjust handlebar: Move the chair to the perfect height with the easy-to-use adjustment handle.
- 360-degree swivel and nylon casters: Turn the chair in any direction to go from task to task without issue.
- Heat and massage features
- Included remote control
- Extra padding for comfort
- Easy to assemble
- Wall outlet required for massage and heat function
- 300-pound weight capacity
What Customers Have to Say
Customers seem to love this heated office chair, as it provides the support and comfort needed for long days at the office. Another top comment was how aesthetically pleasing this chair is, and that it will fit in any office environment well thanks to the stylish design and nice profile.
This massage/heated office chair is equipped with commercial-grade components. There is a quality heater inside the seat, which promotes better blood circulation and improves your metabolism. The cushion is designed with a high-density sponge, providing more flexibility and a higher comfort level throughout the day.
- Ergonomic design: Features support right where it is needed to help alleviate common aches and pains.
- Adjustable armrests: Extra thick padding to help you relax and take a break when needed.
- Remote control capability: To ensure your comfort, you can find various settings and options on the included remote control.
- Professional gas lift: Move the chair height up and down quickly, thanks to the gas lift.
- Durable metal base: The base provides superior mobility and stability and swivels 360-degrees.
- Strong massage and heat features
- Easy to put together
- Recline position for relaxation
- Extra-thick padding for comfort
- The padding in some areas is too thick to feel the massage or heat well
What Customers Have to Say
Most customers agree that this chair provides a comfortable place to sit when working extended hours and the additional padding on the armrests and seat portion make it even better for the office. It has a nice aesthetic appeal and works well in any office. Customers also agree the customer service team is extremely helpful if you have any questions or concerns with the chair.
The heated Mecor office chair offers soft and comfortable PVC/PU leather upholstery. It provides users with a six-point massage, heated benefits, and more. This chair’s design makes it something that anyone would love, regardless of if they sit for six or 12 hours per day.
One of this chair’s unique features is the automatic shutoff switch, which means you can leave your chair heated or massaged without worrying if you turned it off. The chair swivels 360-degrees and offers adjustable height.
- 6-point heat and vibration: This chair provides six points on your upper and lower back, thighs, and lumbar area for massage and heat.
- Ideal design for relaxation: The comfortable PU/PVC leather and soft padding offers superior comfort.
- Easy and convenient to use: This is a large and tall computer chair and easily adjusts to your needs.
- Remote Control: Control the strength of the heat and vibration with the included remote control.
- Automatic shutdown
- Covers a larger area of your body with heat
- Easy to assemble
- The recline feature does not go that far back
- Short power cord
What Customers Have to Say
Customers love the ability to adjust this chair for tall or short people. The heat feature reaches more areas of their body than the other options on this list, making it more comfortable to sit in for long periods.
Buyer’s Guide for Heated Office Chairs
It is easy to be attracted to the stylish design of heated office chairs; however, you may not know why this can be beneficial during your workday if you are like most people. If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of a heated office chair and what to look for when buying one, keep reading.
Before buying a heated massage chair, consider these factors:
Heat Options and Settings
The amount of heat and features these chairs offer vary. Some will surprise you, and some may disappoint. Some chairs come with all the bells and whistles, and using the chair to achieve a superior level of comfort may come with a learning curve.
However, it may be beneficial to choose a chair with more setting options to feel confident you can find the best setting for your unique needs.
Ease of Use
Many heated office chairs are designed with simple, easy-to-use controls. However, before making a purchase, be sure to consider this. The more buttons and settings, the harder it will be to use the chair.
Heated office chairs typically come in various sizes (which you likely know). Make sure there is sufficient space in your office for the chair you want to purchase. Sometimes, the chairs will not require additional space, but if you are buying an oversized chair, more will be needed.
Along with the space consideration, the size of the chair will impact its portability. Usually, you want a chair that you can move from place to place easily.
The most common material used for office chairs today is leather; however, there are many options available. The key is to consider the durability of the material used. It would help if you also looked at the padding or cushioning used on the chair to impact total comfort. PU leather is one of the options seen on the chairs above.
Every office chair is designed to accommodate people of various weights. It would help if you considered the weight for the chair you are thinking about purchasing. Remember, if you are buying a chair that is not designed to support your weight, it will likely be damaged or malfunction quickly.
Most people agree that having a reclining function is essential. This helps to improve relaxation because you can lean on the backrest while enjoying the heated features offered. Also, to reduce disc pressure, the right posture is angling the backrest at 100 to 110 degrees. The reclining function helps find chairs that include 360-degree swiveling, tilting positions, and adjustable height.
Several other features may be beneficial with the chair you choose too. These features include general accessories, heat control remotes, massage features, a manufacturer’s warranty, and rocking angle. Some heated office chairs come with quality accessories that will improve your comfort significantly. Make sure to check the warranty offered by the chair, too, since this does represent an investment.
Finding a heated office chair that meets your budget is essential. Usually, things that set apart the expensive chairs from the more affordable ones include function and material. The more function offered by the chair, the higher the price will be. A foam padded cushion seat featuring PU leather is typically more costly than a chair with a hard cushion. If you have a little more money to spend, it may be smart to go with a higher quality and more expensive office chair.
Now that you’ve read our in-depth reviews, the buying guide, and FAQs, you should have a good idea of the type of heated office chair you would like to purchase. With the information here, you have a good overview of the available options and the best features provided by these chairs.
Our top pick has to be the Mecor Heated Office Massage Chair with multiple massage points, and larger heating area to take advantage of.
Remember, a heated office chair has a lot of benefits to offer. Be sure to keep this top-of-mind as you move forward and choose the right heated office chair.
Current Bestsellers on Amazon:
- 【ERGONOMIC FEATURES】- According to the upgrade ergonomic supporting cervical vertebrae design, our ergonomic office chair will reduce your back and vertebrae pain when you are long time working. Thickened headrest and High backrest fit to the curve of human spine can give you strong support and help you release back pressure. Double layer soft cushion can keep you away from the numbness caused by long hours sitting.
- 【HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS】- Our executive office chair combines comfort with fine style due to the top-notch materials used for its design. This high back office chair upholstered in high-quality PU leather. It’s a durable synthetic leather resist oil and water can makes the office chair smooth, premium looking and easy to clean.
- 【ERGONOMIC DESIGN】- Ergonomic office chair's Double layer soft cushion can keep you away from the numbness caused by long hours sitting. Thickened headrest and High backrest fit to the curve of human spine can give you strong support, ensure you will not feel pain or sore for long time working at your desk.
- 【ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT with
FOOTREST】- You can adjust the office chair any way you need to so that it can accommodate all your comfort needs. 3 inches height adjustable and recline backwards from 90-130 degree can relax you in spare time. Also, you can pull out and flip over the footrest as a reclining office chair for napping and more.
- 【Massage Lumbar Support】 - Chair the backrest has a massage lumbar support that is powered by an power cord to release your waist fatigue for your tired. Remote control make it more convenient.
- 【Comfort Seating】 - Computer chair ergonomic curved high back perfectly supports your whole body very well, thick cushion padded with high density shaping sponge that soft and comfortable for long time use.
Other Products We Considered
The Office Chair Picks editorial team researches hundreds of products based on consumer reviews, brand quality, and value. We then choose a shorter list for in-depth research and testing before finalizing our top picks. These are the products we considered that ultimately didn't make our top 5.
- HZLAGM Office Chairs,Massage Chair with Heating
- 4 EVER WINNER Ergonomic Massage Office Chair
- BestOffice Store Home Office Chair Massage Desk Chair Ergonomic Computer Chair
- MELLCOM Store MELLCOM Massage Office Chair Ergonomic Computer Chair
- HOMREST Executive Office Chair
- BestOffice Store PC Gaming Chair Massage Office Chair Ergonomic Desk Chair