The average adult in the U.S. spends 6.5 hours a day sitting. If you are doing this sitting at a desk, there is no reason to be uncomfortable.
One of the best ways to stay comfortable while seated throughout the day is by getting the right chair. However, a typical chair will not do – for a superior level of comfort, you should consider purchasing a heated office chair.
However, there are a lot of options. This means you probably want to know the best choice and what option is right for you. Keep reading for a list of the top heated office chairs, along with a helpful buying guide to ensure you get the all-day comfort you want and deserve.
Knowing what options are available, you can find a heated office chair that meets your needs and budget.
HOMCOM is a well-known company that makes an array of chairs – including heated recliners. If you are interested in purchasing a soothing and comfortable chair, this is an excellent option to consider.
One of the best features of this chair is the included wireless remote that makes it simple to change the settings to meet your needs. It also means you do not have to worry about bending over or stop what you are doing to change the settings.
- 6-point heat and massage: Massage points target your legs, lower back, and upper back, ensuring you get a total body massage.
- Reclining capabilities: Take a quick break from what you are doing thanks to the built-in reclining feature.
- Headrest: Comfortable, high-back headrest for people of all heights.
- Adjustable height: Easily adjust the chair to find the perfect sitting height at your desk.
- Padded armrests: Relax your arms when needed with the padded armrests.
- Durable design
- Smooth glide casters/360-degree wheels
- Adjustable weight
- 6-point massage and heat
- Inability to run just massage or heat (always turn on together)
- Weight capacity of 300 lbs.
- Limited wireless remote range of 16 feet 4 inches
What Customers Have to Say
According to some customer reviews, if your goal is a deeper massage, this chair may not be right for you. The massage points are not strong; however, the heat is felt through regular office attire. Customers also like the reclining feature that allows them to take a break during the day without leaving the chair.
Considered an executive chair, the ergonomic design has helped it receive an array of positive reviews. It features a six-point massage function, superior back support for increased leg circulation, and padded armrests for all over comfort. Your body will definitely appreciate the support offered by this heated office chair.
- Heating function: The heating system provides warmth through the entire back area, helping to smooth away aches and pains.
- Quality material: Designed from UVC/UP leather, which is soft, durable, and eco-friendly.
- Massage function: Includes six vibrating massage points located along the chair’s upper and lower back region.
- Easy roll features: Offers five durable casters and 360-degree swivel.
- Remote operated: Remote control included to adjust the heating and massage settings.
- Reclining backrest
- Padded armrest
- Easy heat and massage control with included remote
- High back with headrest
- Massage feature can be loud when turned on
- 250-pound weight limit
- Difficult to put together
What Customers Have to Say
Some customers have stated that this chair is challenging to put together and that the instructions are complicated; however, once it is up and ready to go, the chair is comfortable and provides the heat and massage benefits they are looking for. Also, the company’s customer service is beneficial if you do have any issues with your purchase.
The Frivity heated executive chair provides comfort and function. Designed from manufactured wood, the frame is durable and provides support in all the right places. The chair is easy to operate, and turning the heat and massage features on and off is a breeze. The chair has been specially designed to ensure maximum comfort and relaxation for anyone sitting in it.
- Ultra-padded cushion: Regardless of a person’s body size or personal preferences, this chair offers increased padding to make it extremely comfortable when sitting for extended amounts of time.
- Heated massage controller: Six massage settings are included to provide relief and comfort right where it is needed.
- Easy-adjust handlebar: Move the chair to the perfect height with the easy-to-use adjustment handle.
- 360-degree swivel and nylon casters: Turn the chair in any direction to go from task to task without issue.
- Heat and massage features
- Included remote control
- Extra padding for comfort
- Easy to assemble
- Wall outlet required for massage and heat function
- 300-pound weight capacity
What Customers Have to Say
Customers seem to love this heated office chair, as it provides the support and comfort needed for long days at the office. Another top comment was how aesthetically pleasing this chair is, and that it will fit in any office environment well thanks to the stylish design and nice profile.
This massage/heated office chair is equipped with commercial-grade components. There is a quality heater inside the seat, which promotes better blood circulation and improves your metabolism. The cushion is designed with a high-density sponge, providing more flexibility and a higher comfort level throughout the day.
- Ergonomic design: Features support right where it is needed to help alleviate common aches and pains.
- Adjustable armrests: Extra thick padding to help you relax and take a break when needed.
- Remote control capability: To ensure your comfort, you can find various settings and options on the included remote control.
- Professional gas lift: Move the chair height up and down quickly, thanks to the gas lift.
- Durable metal base: The base provides superior mobility and stability and swivels 360-degrees.
- Strong massage and heat features
- Easy to put together
- Recline position for relaxation
- Extra-thick padding for comfort
- The padding in some areas is too thick to feel the massage or heat well
What Customers Have to Say
Most customers agree that this chair provides a comfortable place to sit when working extended hours and the additional padding on the armrests and seat portion make it even better for the office. It has a nice aesthetic appeal and works well in any office. Customers also agree the customer service team is extremely helpful if you have any questions or concerns with the chair.
The heated Mecor office chair offers soft and comfortable PVC/PU leather upholstery. It provides users with a six-point massage, heated benefits, and more. This chair’s design makes it something that anyone would love, regardless of if they sit for six or 12 hours per day.
One of this chair’s unique features is the automatic shutoff switch, which means you can leave your chair heated or massaged without worrying if you turned it off. The chair swivels 360-degrees and offers adjustable height.
- 6-point heat and vibration: This chair provides six points on your upper and lower back, thighs, and lumbar area for massage and heat.
- Ideal design for relaxation: The comfortable PU/PVC leather and soft padding offers superior comfort.
- Easy and convenient to use: This is a large and tall computer chair and easily adjusts to your needs.
- Remote Control: Control the strength of the heat and vibration with the included remote control.
- Automatic shutdown
- Covers a larger area of your body with heat
- Easy to assemble
- The recline feature does not go that far back
- Short power cord
What Customers Have to Say
Customers love the ability to adjust this chair for tall or short people. The heat feature reaches more areas of their body than the other options on this list, making it more comfortable to sit in for long periods.
Buyer’s Guide for Heated Office Chairs
It is easy to be attracted to the stylish design of heated office chairs; however, you may not know why this can be beneficial during your workday if you are like most people. If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of a heated office chair and what to look for when buying one, keep reading.
Before buying a heated massage chair, consider these factors:
Heat Options and Settings
The amount of heat and features these chairs offer vary. Some will surprise you, and some may disappoint. Some chairs come with all the bells and whistles, and using the chair to achieve a superior level of comfort may come with a learning curve.
However, it may be beneficial to choose a chair with more setting options to feel confident you can find the best setting for your unique needs.
Ease of Use
Many heated office chairs are designed with simple, easy-to-use controls. However, before making a purchase, be sure to consider this. The more buttons and settings, the harder it will be to use the chair.
Heated office chairs typically come in various sizes (which you likely know). Make sure there is sufficient space in your office for the chair you want to purchase. Sometimes, the chairs will not require additional space, but if you are buying an oversized chair, more will be needed.
Along with the space consideration, the size of the chair will impact its portability. Usually, you want a chair that you can move from place to place easily.
The most common material used for office chairs today is leather; however, there are many options available. The key is to consider the durability of the material used. It would help if you also looked at the padding or cushioning used on the chair to impact total comfort. PU leather is one of the options seen on the chairs above.
Every office chair is designed to accommodate people of various weights. It would help if you considered the weight for the chair you are thinking about purchasing. Remember, if you are buying a chair that is not designed to support your weight, it will likely be damaged or malfunction quickly.
Most people agree that having a reclining function is essential. This helps to improve relaxation because you can lean on the backrest while enjoying the heated features offered. Also, to reduce disc pressure, the right posture is angling the backrest at 100 to 110 degrees. The reclining function helps find chairs that include 360-degree swiveling, tilting positions, and adjustable height.
Several other features may be beneficial with the chair you choose too. These features include general accessories, heat control remotes, massage features, a manufacturer’s warranty, and rocking angle. Some heated office chairs come with quality accessories that will improve your comfort significantly. Make sure to check the warranty offered by the chair, too, since this does represent an investment.
Finding a heated office chair that meets your budget is essential. Usually, things that set apart the expensive chairs from the more affordable ones include function and material. The more function offered by the chair, the higher the price will be. A foam padded cushion seat featuring PU leather is typically more costly than a chair with a hard cushion. If you have a little more money to spend, it may be smart to go with a higher quality and more expensive office chair.
FAQs About Heated Office Chairs
If you plan to purchase a heated office chair, it is only normal to have a few questions. Some of the most common, and their answers, can be found here.
How Do Heated Office Chairs Work?
Modern heated office chairs are simple to use. All you have to do is purchase the desired chair, put it together, and plug it in. You will find this is a great option to use at home and at work. Make sure to use the buying guidelines above to find the right office chair for your needs.
Usually, the heated office chair will come with a manual that takes you through what to do, one step at a time. Usually, once the chair is plugged in, you can turn it on using the included remote or switch.
If you have a chair with a wireless or wired remote, you will likely have various settings to choose the heat level you want. You can also find instructions for different settings in the user’s manual.
How Long Will the Heat Need to be Used to Provide the Desired Effect?
Depending on the brand and type of the heated office chair you choose, it can take five minutes to one hour for the heat to have the desired effect on your body. However, most users decide to leave the heat on for 15 to 20-minute sessions.
How Does Heat Benefit the Body?
The heating function in heated office chairs helps increase blood flow to your skin and the muscles in your back.
How Long Does Chair Assembly Take?
There is no general answer to this question. Each chair is different and comes with various assembly procedures. Usually, a heated office chair will take 20 to 40 minutes to put together.
Are There Ways to Extend the Chair’s Longevity?
With proper maintenance, you can easily extend the longevity of your heated office chair. Some steps to take include:
- Keep the chair out of direct sunlight
- Clean the chair regularly
- Avoid exceeding the weight capacity
- Pay attention to new or unusual sounds
What Are the Specific Benefits Offered by Using a Heated Massage Chair?
Thermotherapy is also called heat therapy. It is a type of non-pharmaceutical and non-invasive treatment that dates to the ancient Greeks’ time. It is a proven method for relieving pain, improving your muscles’ flexibility, and boosting the healing process of sore muscles.
Some of the specific benefits that are offered by using one of the heated office chairs listed here include:
- Minimize lower back pain
- Reduce cases of muscle spasms and increase blood flow
- Reduce post-workout pain while increasing and enhancing muscle healing
- Improve ligament and muscle flexibility
Now that you’ve read our in-depth reviews, the buying guide, and FAQs, you should have a good idea of the type of heated office chair you would like to purchase. With the information here, you have a good overview of the available options and the best features provided by these chairs.
Our top pick has to be the Mecor Heated Office Massage Chair with multiple massage points, and larger heating area to take advantage of.
Remember, a heated office chair has a lot of benefits to offer. Be sure to keep this top-of-mind as you move forward and choose the right heated office chair.