How We Tested
We recommend these products based on an intensive research process that's designed to cut through the noise and find the top products in this space. Guided by experts, we spend hours looking into the factors that matter, to bring you these selections.Click here for testing insights >
Did you know the way your workstation is set up has a direct bearing on your performance? You would be surprised by how something as simple as switching up the existing arrangement of your desktop and computer monitor setup can enhance your productivity and confidence. It could even be the solution to the chronic neck strain and back pain you’ve been grappling with for as long as you can remember.
Getting a monitor mount is the first step to unlocking all the benefits that come with an optimized desk arrangement.
That being said, we’ve tried and tested the top-rated computer monitor mounts on the market right now to bring you our top 7 picks for 2021.
Best Monitor Mount – Best Sellers
1. Best Overall
Our top pick for the best monitor mount is the triple monitor desk mount from TechOrbits. It integrates SmartSwivel technology to allow for free movement of the monitors in virtually every direction for improved visibility and decreased glare.
You can move the screen backward, forward, side-to-side, or even in opposite directions, making it perfect for collaborative work environments. If you want to switch things up and work at a standing desk, this unit allows you to do just that.
We also like that each arm monitor mount supports a universal fit, making it suitable for a wide range of computer screen size options. Anything between 13 and 30 inches will work perfectly with this mount.
The TechOrbits’ articulating, self-balancing gas springs can hold up to 20 lbs. on each arm and are VESA compliant for mounting patterns between 75 x75 mm and 100 x 100 mm. As far as durability goes, the mount is made of heavy-duty aluminum, so you know it is built to last.
All in all, installation is easy, movement is seamless, and it holds up quite well even with heavier monitor models. It’s certainly worth checking out.
- Solid, sturdy construction
- Quick and easy setup
- Ideal for collaborative work settings
- Higher-than-average maximum weight capacity
- Minimizes glare and improves visibility
- VESA compliant
- The cable management system could be better
- SPACE SAVER - Extra room for your personal laptop or desktop computer is now easy to come by with this triple monitor stand. Simply attach your displays to each monitor arm and voila! More desk space.
- UNIVERSAL FIT - Talk about the perfect size! The TechOrbits triple monitor desk mount is suitable for most 13in to 30in screens with 75mm x 75mm and 100mm x 100mm standard VESA mount patterns.
If you would rather have your workstation completely clutter-free, the Huanuo single monitor arm adjustable mount is an option worth exploring. Unlike its desktop cousins, this VESA bracket keeps the monitor completely off your desk, allowing you to mount it at a suitable height regardless of how tall you are.
It has an 11.08-inch height adjustment range to ensure you get the most optimal viewing angle, which in turn relieves the strain on your back, neck, and shoulders. It even corrects poor posture.
Each of the joints in this unit are fully adjustable with a fully articulating arm, 90-degree swivel, and 35-degree tilt. The 360-degree rotation range comes in handy for landscape and portrait mode to meet the work needs of different users.
One of the things we like most about this unit is the dynamic extension range it supports. You can pull it away from the wall up to a maximum of 18.3 inches or push it all the way back to a measly 3.15 inches.
From a quality standpoint, Huanuo’s specs are pretty impressive. It is made of aviation-grade heavy-duty aluminum and comes with a VESA-compliant extension kit that works with most modern 17-32 inch monitors. The kit supports a wide range of mounting patterns, including 75 x 75 mm, 100 x 100 mm, 200 x 100 mm, and 200 x 200 mm, and has a maximum weight capacity of 17.6 lbs.
If you have a larger monitor, simply adjust the tension in the gas spring arm until it can hold up its weight. For the price, the Huanuo delivers outstanding value at every turn.
- Made from durable, heavy-duty aluminum
- It fits a wide range of VESA mount patterns
- Ideal for taller individuals
- Full motion adjustable
- Affordable price-point
- The installation process is a little tedious
- More Stable than Desk Mount- This single monitor stand is mounted on the wall, it is more stable than desk monitor stand and will not damage your expensive desk. the monitor riser is easy to install in 10 minutes or less so you can get focused and start working right away
- Compatible with Most VESA Sizes - Our HUANUO single wall monitor mount comes with a VESA extension kit that fits most 13" to 42" monitors/TVs weighing up to 17.6lbs. Compatible with VESA sizes 75mm x75mm, 100mm x 100mm, 200mm x 100mm and 200mm x 200mm
The Vivo Stand-V002 dual monitor mount is by far one the best in its class. You can tell it was built with the end-user in mind. The fully articulating mount contains six joints at the top, whose tension you can adjust to make the arms stationary or fluid depending on your viewing needs.
It offers 180-degree articulation and even allows you to adjust the height of each monitor, so you don’t have to deal with screens that aren’t properly aligned. Not many dual screen desk mount stand options on the market come with this capability.
One of the features of the V002 that stood out the most to us is the heavy-duty clamp bracket it comes with, and when we say “heavy-duty,” we mean it. Not many of the desk mounts we’ve come across offer the same level of sturdiness and stability you get with this particular unit. We especially like that the portion of the C-clamp in direct contact with the desk is lined with thin protective padding to prevent the surface from getting scratched.
If you prefer a grommet mount instead and your desk supports it, there’s a 4-inch unit that’s included in the purchase. Talk about value for money.
The V002 offers integrated cable management to keep everything nice and tidy around your monitor setup. The cable clips on the center pole and each dual monitor arm ensure no unsightly cables are sticking out once you have your monitors up.
All in all, we were pretty impressed by its performance.
- Height adjustable
- 180-degree fully articulating setup
- Offers excellent stability
- Easy to install
- It comes with a protective desk padding to prevent scratches
- It might not be ideal for taller individuals (above 5”8’) even at the highest height setting
- Fits 13" To 27" Screens - Dual monitor mount fitting two screens 13” to 27” in size and 22 lbs in weight each with VESA 75x75mm or 100x100mm backside mounting holes.
- Articulation & Height Adjustment - Adjustable arm offers +90° to -90° tilt, 180° swivel, 360° rotation, and height adjustment along the center pole. Monitors can be placed in portrait or landscape orientation.
If you’re in the market for a multiple monitor mount, the MountUp MU0006 is an excellent option to consider. While there’s no such thing as the “perfect” mount stand, we have to say; the MU0006 comes pretty darn close. For one thing, you can mount three 27-inch curved or flat-screen monitors, each weighing up to 17.6 lbs. – which is a lot if you think about it. It is also VESA compliant and supports mounting hole patterns between 75 x 75 mm and 100 x 100 mm.
We especially like how versatile this monitor mount is. It fits most tables measuring 0.39-3.15 inches thick. As far as ergonomics go, the MU0006 offers a 35-degree tilt, 90-degree computer screen swivel, and 360-degree screen rotation. Not to mention that it is counterbalanced height-adjustable, which is something you don’t often find with triple monitor mount stands. This means less strain on your neck, shoulders, and spine for better posture and maximum comfort.
Its price-point isn’t all that bad either. It’s a definite winner in our books.
- Supports ultrawide monitor setups
- 360-degree screen rotation allows for landscape and portrait configurations
- Premium steel construction guarantees extended durability
- Excellent ergonomics
- The gas spring arm allows for a dynamic height adjustment range
- The wire conduits are a little tight
- Universal Compatibility: Triple monitor stand perfectly fits most flat or curved LCD computer screens up to 27", including but not limited to 27, 25, 24, 23, 22, 21.5, 21, 20, 19, 17 inches display. Each arm supports a weight of 2.2-17.6 lbs, compatible with VESA pattern 75x75mm and 100x100mm. Fit for most tables with a thickness or hole diameter of 0.39"-3.15".
- Articulating Triple Monitor Mount: The fully adjustable monitor arms can tilt ±35°, swivel ±90°, and support rotation 360 degrees. Center screen can be height adjusted. The 2 gas spring arms make the extension, retraction, and height adjustment dynamically and easily. Multiple screen combinations, easily find an optimal viewing angle and position for comfortable work.
The specs of the Wali GSWM002 dual monitor stand are pretty impressive. There’s no denying it. Nonetheless, before we get into what they are, let’s take a moment to appreciate the robotic-looking adjustable gas spring arms. There’s something about them that gives this mount a futuristic appeal that we’re absolutely crazy about.
The beauty of the GSWM002 isn’t just skin deep, though. Its performance makes it one of the best dual wall mounts in its class. It comes with a heavy-duty VESA plate that can be integrated into wood and brick walls quite easily. It supports 75 x 75 mm and 100 x 100 mm hole mounting patterns and is compatible with monitors up to 27 inches wide with a maximum weight capacity of 14.3 lbs.
The other thing that stood out to us is how sturdy it is. Each heavy-duty spring arm has a 90-degree swivel range and a tilt range of 75 and 45 degrees up and down, respectively. The gas spring arms measure 21.2 inches when fully extended, while the maximum distance between them is an impressive 38.7 inches.
All in all, if you’re in the market for a dual monitor wall mount, the Wali GSWM002 will not disappoint.
- Sturdy and durable design
- Easily adjustable gas spring arms
- It offers a dynamic range of motion
- VESA compliant
- Offers excellent ergonomics
- The cable management tracks are a little cramped
- Compatibility: Fits Monitors up to 27". VESA 75x75mm or 100x100mm detachable. Heavy-duty wall plate is integrated with both brick wall and wood wall.
- Sturdy Construction: The high-grade material gas spring arm can be extended 17" and retracted, +75°/-45° tilt and +90°/-90° swivel to change reading angles, and 360° rotate from landscape to portrait mode.
If repeatedly turning your head from side to side to check two different computers causes unnecessary strain on your neck, consider upgrading your current monitor configuration to a stacked setup instead. The Huanuo dual vertical monitor stand lets you stack two monitors – one over the other – allowing you to increase your work efficiency while improving your posture.
The unit is made of durable, high-quality steel, with each arm capable of supporting up to 17.6 lbs. in weight. One of our favorite features has to be the ergonomic monitor riser. You can adjust the height by up to 31.5 inches, making it ideal for a standing desk.
We also like that the setup comes with a grommet and C-clamp mount base to make the installation process quick and easy. It fits desks up to 3.14 inches and gives you the full 360-degree range of rotation. If you need to turn your screen, the 60-degree swivel radius allows you to do just that. You can also adjust the tilt by 45 degrees to get the best viewing angle.
The fact that it retails for under $37 is the ultimate icing on the cake. All in all, it delivers excellent value for the money.
- Outstanding ergonomic benefits
- Sturdy and durable design
- Quick and easy installation process
- It fits a wide range of screen sizes ranging from 13-32 inches
- VESA compliant with 75 x 75 mm and 100 x 100 mm hole patterns
- You might need to use washers with the screws to get a tight fit
- Ergonomic Benefits: Raise monitors to ergonomic height, relieving the strain on the neck, back and shoulder; 2 stacking monitors configuration enhances the work efficiency.
- Screen Compatibility: Fits most screens 17” to 32” in size and 17.6 pounds in weight each with VESA 75x75mm or 100x100mm.
If you frequently have to pull information from your laptop while using the main LCD monitor, the Viozon 2-in-1 monitor, and laptop mount might be just what you need. It is compatible with standard 17 to 32-inch monitors weighing up to 19.8 lbs. each. In addition, it fits VESA 75 x 75 mm and 100 x 100 mm interfaces for several monitor brands, including Dell, HP, Samsung, and LG.
The feature that stood out the most to us while testing the different monitor mounts is the second mounting arm designed as a laptop stand. It is compatible with any 12 to 17-inch laptop or notebook, offers a 45-degree tilt, and has a maximum extension length of 16.5 inches.
The monitor arm has a 360-degree swivel range, offering the flexibility you need to adjust it to the most optimal viewing position, whether you’re seated or working at a standing desk. Its maximum horizontal distance is 20.5 inches and tilts 90 degrees up and 55 degrees down.
It is one of the few products on the market compatible with desks, coffee tables, end tables, and even side tables. It’s both functional and elegant – the perfect companion for any workspace.
- Offers excellent cable management
- Fast and easy installation process thanks to the quick-release VESA plate
- Compatible with a wide range of laptops and VESA compliant LCD screens
- Durable, sturdy, and elegant
- Height adjustable to unlock unlimited ergonomic benefits
- It may not be ideal for taller users even at the maximum height adjustment while seated
- Universal-- This monitor and laptop mount is compatible with 17-32 inches monitor up to 19.8lbs with VESA Standard interfaces (100x100mm / 75x75mm) such as Dell, Samsung, HP, BenQ, AOC, Acer, LG and 12-17 inches laptop/notebook.
- Steady Arm-- Made of heavy duty and premium aluminum to guarantee the sturdy and stable, the maximum display weight is below 9kg/19.8lbs, if you find your monitor is a little heavy, the tension adjustment is at the edge, no down problems
What to Look for in the Best Monitor Mount – Buying Guide
If you’re looking to turn your workspace into a productivity powerhouse, a monitor mount guarantees to do just that. That being said, finding the right one can be overwhelming if you don’t know what to look for. Here are a few basic criteria to keep in mind when choosing the best monitor mount for your needs.
1. Mounting Type
First things first – you need to choose the appropriate mount type for your needs and work environment. Here’s an overview of the main ones you might come across.
- Grommet mount – These only work with desks that already have grommet holes
- Desk clamp mount – The clamp size needs to be compatible with the width of your desk
- Wall mount – This would only work if your desk were situated next to a wall
2. How Much Desk Space You Have Available
This is often one of the most overlooked factors when it comes to choosing the right monitor mount. You might dream of setting up the ultimate triple monitor workstation, but the space available allows for nothing more than a dual monitor desk mount configuration.
Before you settle on a specific monitor mount, visualize how it would work in your current setup. For instance, if you need a multi-monitor configuration but don’t have a lot of horizontal space to work with, getting an LCD mount that allows you to stack your monitors would be a viable option to consider.
3. Desired Adjustability
One question you need to ask yourself when selecting a monitor mount is – how important is tilting, rotating, swiveling, or adjusting the height of your monitor to you? If the answer to this question is – “very,” – ensure you get a mount that offers the adjustability range you desire.
Do you need your monitor to rotate the full 360 degrees, or is a 180-degree range sufficient? Do you work at a standing desk, or will you be seated the majority of the time? What is your preferred viewing distance between your eyes and the screen? The answers to these questions will advise the type of mount you should get.
4. Installation Process
Wall mounts are generally more tedious to install than desk mounts. If you are into DIY projects and know your way around a stud finder, level, and power drill, then you should be fine. If not, you’re better off getting a desk clamp mount that only requires you to tighten a few screws. This should take a relatively short amount of time.
Will a monitor mount damage my desk?
Yes, if the C-clamp doesn’t come with protective padding. Ensure the section of the clamp that comes into contact with your desk is lined with protective material to ease the pressure exerted by the weight of your monitor setup.
Are monitor mounts compatible with all monitors?
It depends on whether or not they have the VESA mounting holes at the back. If your monitor doesn’t have these holes, you’ll need to get aftermarket VESA plate attachments and screw them directly onto the manufacturer-provided mounts. That way, you can attach your screen to the mount.
How can I tell if my monitor is mountable?
Check the pattern of the screw holes at the back. The most common patterns are 75 x 75 mm, 100 x 100 mm, 200 x 100 mm, and 200 x 200 mm for larger screens.
Other Products We Considered
The Office Chair Picks editorial team researches hundreds of products based on consumer reviews, brand quality, and value. We then choose a shorter list for in-depth research and testing before finalizing our top picks. These are the products we considered that ultimately didn't make our top 5.