Ask any adult that spends their day behind a desk, and they’ll tell you how important it is to have comfortable and ergonomically designed furniture.
For growing children, quality furniture that’s comfortable and promotes healthy posture is even more important.
With most children’s furniture, it’s easy to get swept up in the hype of fun colors and cool designs.
What’s most important is that you select a desk chair that’s comfortable, ergonomic, and puts kids in the best position to learn.
In a hurry? Here are our top 3 picks:
Today, we’re going to be covering the best kids desk chair options, so you can cut through the noise and select the best chair for your child.
Read on as we cover everything you’ll need to know.
8 Best Kids’ Desk Chairs
Without further adieu, let’s dive in and look at the seven best kids desk chairs available today.
Each of these chairs is packed with innovative features and eye-catching designs that will make learning fun for your child.
The Ringo chair from SIDIZ is an award-winning design that is completely adjustable according to the child’s height, weight, and shape. This innovative chair has taken home RedDot and IF awards in Germany for design and functionality.
This chair is ideal for children over 55 pounds, and it’s marketed for kids 6-13 years old, although younger or older kids can certainly enjoy this chair as well.
This ergonomic model features a 4-level adjustable backrest and seat, which allow kids to customize their chairs to find the perfect comfort level.
The height of the backrest, the width of the seat, and the overall height of the chair are all adjustable. There is also a detachable footrest that kids are sure to love, and it’s especially handy for children under five feet tall.
Sit-lock casters are a nice addition to this children’s desk chair, and they lock in place as soon as the child sits down. Kids love rolling desk chairs, and they can present a major distraction to children who would rather roll around than concentrate on their studies.
Once there’s 55 pounds or more of weight in the chair, the casters lock, providing a stable base so kids can focus.
The Ringo chair is available in mint green and rosy pink, and the cushion and backrest are both replaceable, which is a major benefit when it comes to children’s furniture.
If the seat becomes stained, discolored, or rips, changing it out is incredibly simple.
- Four adjustment stages – perfect for growing children
- Replaceable seat and backrest covers
- Removable footrest
- Casters lock in place when kids sit down – prevents distraction
- Levers and handles could be more heavy duty
Related: The Best Gaming Chairs for Kids
- SIDIZ RINGO, ERGONOMICS FOR YOUR GROWING CHILD : Ringo is perfectly designed for a growing child aged of 6 to 13 (3.5 ft to 5.3 ft tall), helping to have the right posture which is considered to be very important for a growing child while seated.
- DESIGN AWARDS WINNER : With the growing adjustment and the rounded design for better safety, Ringo has been awarded two world class design awards such as reddot and iF.
If you’re looking for a reasonably priced chair with good support and high-density foam comfort, this is a great option. Many customers have actually reported that this chair improved their child’s posture.
This study chair comes in a clean and neutral gray and white color combination. This means it will work for a boy or girl.
At about 24lbs, this is a light-weight desk chair. But the sturdy frame allows for a weight capacity of up to 100 lbs.
It’s height adjustable with a nice rounded seat and armrest design. And the backrest features a subtle S-curve to provide adequate support to your child’s spine when sitting, while helping them stay in an upright posture.
This FlexiSpot also features locking casters, so your child won’t be rolling all over the room when trying to concentrate. It’s a simple but important feature, since rolling can be a major distraction for some kids.
- Rounded seat and armrest design for ergonomic comfort
- High density foam seat and backrest
- Locking casters and sturdy base
- Modern design with light and neutral colors
- This chair gets high marks from most users, but some Amazon customers have reported missing parts with their shipment
- The neutral gray color might not be as fun for your child if they want a brighter color
An ideal chair for any child, this executive chair has a more adult-like look and feel than many of the other chairs on our list, making it ideal for older children and any kid that wants to feel like a grown-up when sitting at their desk.
This chair features a breathable mesh back and seat, so it’s breathable and comfortable, which helps keep kids comfortable and attentive as they study, browse online, or do homework.
A sturdy, heavyweight metal base is durable and long-lasting, and your child should get years of use out of this chair.
The back of the chair is ergonomically curved to support good posture and provide children with the comfort they need to focus on their work.
The chair’s base features heavy-duty rolling casters and a hydraulic height adjustment so kids can easily move the chair up or down depending on the height of their desk and their comfort level.
Best of all, the chair is available in eight different bright and eye-catching colors, so every kid will be able to choose their favorite.
- Heavyweight metal base with casters
- Ergonomic back
- Available in eight colors
- Thin seat cushion wears out quickly with regular use
- Hydraulic height adjustment may fail with repeated use
- ✿[EASY TO SET UP] - Office chair comes with all hardware & necessary tools. Follow the instruction, you'll found easy to put together, and estimated assembly time in about 10-15mins. Office chair desk chair mesh chair computer chair.
- ✿[ERGONOMIC DESIGN] - Our new mid back office chair designed with human-oriented ergonomic construction that lasts long and thickly cushioned for maximum comfort. Office desk mesh computer chair.
This affordable and feature-rich desk set is ideal for parents who need a full desk setup for their child.
This desk is available in two different sizes to fit the needs of growing children, and each kit includes a desk, chair, adjustable LED reading light, book rest, and a plastic tool that clamps to the edge of the desk to help children achieve good posture.
Each desk is available in blue or pink, and the smaller desk measures in at 27.5” wide by 18.1” deep, while the larger measures 31.5” wide by 19.3” deep.
The desk and chair both offer a sturdy steel frame built for years of use, and both pieces have multiple height adjustment points so that the desk and chair can continue to grow with your child.
The chair is ergonomically designed to help children achieve good posture. The included orthotic that clamps to the edge of the desk helps prevent kids from hunching over, so they’ll be able to practice good posture while they’re learning.
One of the most noteworthy features of this desk is its tilting top, which adjusts up to 45-degrees to provide children with an optimal reading, writing, or drawing angle.
The larger desk also offers a pull-out tray for books, pencils, and other accessories.
- Available in two sizes
- Desktop tilts up to 45-degrees
- All-steel frame for durability
- Design may be a bit “too young” for older kids and young teens
- 🏅【Multifunctional】This table and chair set is designed for function. No matter what task your child has, this table can do the job. This is very suitable for children to study and draw easily and happily at home. This will be a happy gift for children!
- 🏅【 Safe and Durable Construction】A sturdy steel frame and non-slip legs on tables and chairs ensure stability and durability. This ergonomic desk set is suitable for sitting and proper positioning, and prevents your child from slouching when finishing work. Durable rubber pads prevent table and chair kits from rubbing against the ground and causing damage.
Also Check Out: The best chairs with desk (or tablet arms) attached. These are great for kids too.
An ideal chair for parents who are concerned with their child’s posture, this feature-packed ergonomic chair from IKevan is comfortable, well designed, and more affordable than most similar chairs.
This chair offers ergonomic support in every area. The cushion is a multi-density memory foam that helps to reduce thigh pressure, and the ergonomic back is specially molded to improve posture.
The chair also features a footrest to help take pressure off the legs during long study sessions, pressure relief armrests so children can have their arms resting comfortably as they work.
There are integrated shoulder straps that can further improve kids’ posture.
Durability is no issue with this chair, which features a Q235 steel frame and heavy-duty 6-wheel rolling base. The wheels are self-locking and anti-skid, so you won’t have to worry about kids getting injured while playing in their chair.
The chair is available in blue and pink with matching wheels, so boys and girls alike will be able to select the perfect chair for their style.
- More affordable than most ergonomic desk chairs
- Integrated footrest
- Posture support straps
- Comfortable for long periods
- Slow shipping – takes up to 3 weeks to arrive
- It is Shipped by the United States. Guarantee that you receive the product within 3-15 days.The item will takes 3-15 days to deliver.If you have any questions, please contact us in advance. We will reply to you within 24 hours Ikevan offer you our best services.
- Material: Metal + sponge. ;Sitting height adjustment: 42-52cm/16.53-20.47in. ;Backrest lift: 46-56cm/18.11-22.04in. ;Sitting depth adjustment: 34-44cm/13.38-17.32in. ;Product size: 67×88-108cm/26.38×34.64-42.52in.
This no-frills desk chair from GreenForest is a versatile option for children who need a desk chair to study, do homework, or use the computer or tablet.
This chair offers many features you’d expect to see from an adult desk chair, such as rolling wheels, height adjustment, and 360-degree range of motion.
The chair weighs in under 10 pounds, so it’s lightweight and easy to transport anywhere you need it to go, and it’s available in hot pink or light blue.
While this chair certainly fits the bill for kids, it’s the perfect size and style; there are a few caveats you’ll want to consider.
With it’s PU back and seat, it isn’t especially comfortable for long study sessions.
Unlike most chairs on our list, it’s also made almost entirely from plastic, so it isn’t as durable as other options.
- Easy to assemble with no additional tools required
- Lightweight and easy to move
- Adjustable height
- Smooth-rolling casters
- More expensive than it should be
- All plastic construction
- Ergonomic low back student computer chair with lovly colorful PP back & seat with hollow star.
- 360-degree swivel computer chair, smooth-rolling colorful strong casters flexible move, fit for children and students' homework desk.
A boldly styled and versatile chair that’s perfect for young children, teenagers, and even adults, this computer chair is comfortable and has plenty of useful features that kids will love.
This chair features an ergonomic backrest that’s contoured to provide comfort even during long study sessions. The lumbar region offers a comfortable support pad, which lends an additional layer of comfort during long periods of studying.
Both the seat and backrest are covered in a highly breathable mesh with excellent breathability to keep you cool and comfortable, and it’s available in three eye-catching colors that are sure to make a statement.
As for technical features, this chair from Giantex offers smooth, quiet casters that roll effortlessly across practically any floor.
The chair rotates 360-degrees, and it offers pneumatic height adjustment so kids of all sizes can set their chair to the perfect height.
Don’t be fooled by the lightweight construction of this chair, because it’s actually quite heavy-duty.
The all-steel frame ensures that this chair can stand up to years of abuse from the kids, so it’s an ideal choice for parents hoping to get many years of use from their child’s desk chair.
- Ergonomic design
- Highly breathable mesh material
- Durable steel frame
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- No armrests
- Seat isn’t heavily padded
- ✿ Suitable for Various Occasions ✿ No matter where you put it, the unique bright color chair will bring more vitality to the room. You can put it in the dorm, study, child's room, office.
- ✿ Comfortable Sitting Experience ✿ The ergonomic backrest with built-in lumbar support provides improved lower back comfort for users, optimizing the sitting experience.
This chair and desk set from Umitay is another solid option if you’re searching for a complete workstation for your child.
Both the desk and chair are adjustable, so you’ll be able to raise the height as your child grows. While the manufacturer suggests it’s for ages 3-18, that range is a bit unrealistic; this workstation is better suited for kids ages 3-8.
While it may look a bit like a toy, this desk features a steel frame, so it’s built to last. This desk set is available in blue and pink, and two sizes, 27 ½” or 30 ½” wide.
The chair doesn’t offer much padding on the seat or the backrest, but both pieces have an ergonomic design that makes them comfortable for long study sessions.
Both the seat and back are ventilated, which helps provide some airflow to keep kids comfortable while they work or play.
The desk includes an LED reading lamp with three brightness levels, and it tilts from flat to 45-degrees so kids can read, write, or draw at an optimal angle.
Children are sure to love the additional features, like a book rest, integrated stationary storage, and a pull-out shelf to store everything they need inside their desk.
There is also an orthosis that can be attached to the front of the desk to help reinforce good posture.
- Durable steel frame
- Chair and desk are both adjustable
- Includes light and accessories
- Tilting desktop
- Only suitable for young children
- ⭐⭐ 70cm Style size, 27.5''x18.1'' ⭐⭐ 80cm Style size, 31.5''x19.3''
- ⭐⭐ [ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT] The height of the desk and chair can be adjusted to suit fast-growing children. This ergonomic design helps children to have a perfect sitting position and gives your children a better sense of comfort.
Finding a Kids’ Desk and Computer: A Buyers Guide
Now that we’ve covered some of the best kids desk chairs, let’s take a closer look at the different attributes and characteristics that will help you select the best desk chair for your child.
What Size Desk Chair is Best for Your Child?
Size is perhaps the most important consideration to make when you’re shopping for a children’s desk chair. You’ll find a broad range of options for everyone, from preschoolers to college students.
The size of the chair will dictate whether or not it’s suitable for your child.
The best way to identify the proper size for your child is to have them sit in a comfortable chair with their feet flat on the floor. Next, measure from the bottom of their feet up to the bend in the back of their knee. That measurement is the chair height you’ll need.
What About Assembly?
Desk chairs are notoriously difficult to assemble, even when they’re child-sized.
While chairs for younger kids are usually fully assembled, most chairs for kids require some assembly, especially the high-end options that are highly adjustable so they can grow with your child.
Depending on how comfortable you are with putting together furniture, you may want to choose a chair that requires little to no assembly or one that you can put together without additional tools.
Here’s a general guide to office chair assembly to help you get started.
What About Posture and Ergonomics?
Teaching children good posture is vital to their health and helps establish a healthy habit for their entire lives. The best kids desk chairs are ergonomically designed to promote proper posture.
Ergonomic chairs also tend to be more comfortable, so kids can focus on their work with less fidgeting and distraction.
Here are some key points to consider when it comes to ergonomics:
- Your child should be able to sit with their feet flat on the ground, thighs parallel to the floor
- They should maintain full contact with the backrest when sitting; not bent forward or arched at the lower back. A properly designed chair with an S-curve and lumbar support helps here.
- Head and neck posture is very important. Make sure they sit at a correct height so their computer screen is at eye level, and they can comfortably maintain a neutral head and neck posture (not straining to look up or angled downward).
- Shoulders should be relaxed when sitting. If you have armrests, set them at a height so the they are not shrugging their shoulders up. If your chair does not have armrests, set the height so they can rest their arms on the desk at an even level. The forearms should be close to parallel with the floor. This helps protect the wrists as well when using a keyboard.
How Important is Adjustability?
Every kid is constantly growing, and unless you want to replace their desk chair at the same rate they go up a shoe size, you’ll want to choose an option that can be adjusted to grow with your child.
The best kids desk chairs offer multiple adjustment points for the seat and backrest and can grow with kids from their preschool years into high school.
Even chairs that don’t offer the same level of adjustability usually allow you to adjust the height, and you’ll want to choose a model that provides a height adjustment of three inches or greater. It might not seem like much, but those few inches of adjustability should provide your child with many years of comfortable use.
How About Materials?
What the chair is made from is also an important consideration, particularly if you want a chair that will last your child many years.
The first aspect you’ll want to consider is what the frame is made from. Look for chairs that offer a steel frame, as they’re much more likely to stand up to years of use. Plastic is fine if it’s covering a metal frame, but plastic chairs are far less durable.
You’ll also want to consider what the back and seat of the chair are made from. The ideal chair should offer ergonomic support with a molded cushion made from high-density memory foam. Breathable fabric covers or mesh designs are usually preferable, as they can be cleaned or replaced, and they allow for plenty of airflow to keep kids cool and resist odors.
Another consideration to make is the style of the chair. You’ll want a chair your child likes using for many years to come, so keep in mind that you’re not only shopping for today but tomorrow as well.
You may want to avoid something that’s too “kiddy,” instead opting for a more contemporary option that will be suitable for years to come.
Many of the best desk chair options on the market come as complete sets that also include a desk. Purchasing a full workspace for your child is usually a money saver, and a matching desk and chair set can be a great addition to their bedroom or playroom.
When purchasing a desk and chair setup, pay close attention to the measurements provided. Many of these sets are much smaller than they seem in pictures and are better suited to pre-school and kindergarten-aged children.
While each of the seven chairs above makes a fine choice as the best kids’ desk chair, one chair, in particular, is best suited to provide your child with years of comfort and enjoyment.
The study chair from IKevan offers the most features, the most room for adjustment, and the most ergonomic support for your child. Whether they’re studying, reading, drawing, or using the computer, this chair from IKevan is the best option for children from preschool to high school.