How We Tested
We recommend these products based on an intensive research process that's designed to cut through the noise and find the top products in this space. Guided by experts, we spend hours looking into the factors that matter, to bring you these selections.Click here for testing insights >
A common complaint among office workers and gamers is the numbness, tingling and pain that comes with long hours of typing on the keyboard, repetitive mouse movements, and resting your arms on a hard surface all day.
Many of us experience this discomfort, and at its worst, it can lead to debilitating conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS).
But one of the easiest things you can do to relieve the strain of working on a keyboard all day is to add an elbow and/or wrist pad to your work surface.
5 Best Wrist and Elbow Pads for Your Desk
- Brila Memory Foam Mouse and Keyboard Pad
- The Jelbows Circular Gel Pads
- Auhoky Portable Elbow/Wrist Pad Set
- Creative Computer Wrist and Elbow Pad
- Gimars Memory Foam Desk Pads
Keep reading for more details about each pad, followed by a brief buyer’s guide to make sure you can zero in on the right style, size and features for more comfortable and ergonomic desk setup.
Let’s get started.
Our top pick on this list is the memory foam mouse and keyboard pad from Brila. And here’s why.
First, we like the sleek and modern look of this pad set. It’s not too wide or deep, you could easily place this in front of a keyboard on most desks, including your standing desk converter.
But at 17.3 inches, the keyboard pad is still long enough to fit in front of most standard computer keyboards.
We also appreciate the attention to detail with this one. For example, the Brila wrist pad has 46 massage holes, each at 3 mm depth, to provide additional comfort to your wrists while typing or using the mouse.
So, when your wrist gets tired, you can simply roll your hand from side to side and get a nice massaging effect from the holes.
Plus, the pad is made from gel-based memory foam and coated in a silky and soft Lycra fabric. This provides comfort and breathability.
Underneath the pad for the mouse and keyboard, you have a durable non-slip rubber surface to keep your wrist supports in place.
Overall, customers really like the amount of support and the design of this wrist pad. It provides enough height so your wrists remain level when working, which can reduce pain and risks of developing carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS).
However, some customers find the pad to be too firm. Also, because of it’s narrow and curved designed, this pad is not ideal for someone seeking a full forearm and elbow support pad for their desk.
Luckily, we have a few other options on this list that meets that criteria.
- Soft, smooth and breathable Lycra fabric with a firm gel based memory pad
- 46 massaging holes with curved sides for full wrist comfort and support.
- Nice height to reduce pain associated with an upward wrist angle
- Sleek, black and modern look that will work in professional office settings
- The padding is too firm for some. If you have sensitive wrists or forearms, this one might actually cause discomfort.
- Not enough depth for those seeking full forearm and elbow support. The support with this one is mostly concentrated on the wrist.
- BEST SUPPORT: Two non-slip medium-soft gel pads provide the best support for wrists, arms, and elbows
- PORTABLE DESIGN: Works well anywhere you need extra support - at work on a desk, on a armrest in your car or truck, on a countertop or workbench
This neat elbow and wrist pad is called “Jelbows”… get it? This product is different from all the others in the list. You get two pads that you can easily move around and place anywhere. Both are designed to provide gel based wrist, arm and elbow support and relief.
These circular gel pads come in two different sizes: small (4 inches wide) and big (6 inches wide). Sold in packs of two, they are available in different colors and are easy to clean, portable, and simple.
The simple part is the main reason we like this design. You can just plop these little pads anywhere you need and immediately rest your elbow on a pillow of gel comfort. They won’t slip or slide around either.
If you’re experiencing numbness, tingling or pain when typing, using the mouse, or simply resting your arms on the desk, this will help a lot.
However, like the Brila product above, these Jelbows are firm. If you want something soft and pillowy, look for a more cushioned product like the options mentioned below. Also, because this is essentially a gel disc, there might be a little tackiness, which can pick up dust and dirt particles. It’s very easy to clean, but this annoys some customers.
- Simply design and effective relief from wrist, elbow and arm pain
- Comes in sets of two that you can place wherever you need the support
- Easy to clean and available in different sizes
- The gel padding is too firm for some
- The material is somewhat tacky and can get dirty easily
After reading the descriptions of the Brila and Jelbow pads above, you might be thinking that you need a larger surface area with more cushioning. If this is you, here’s an easy choice: the Auhoky Portable Elbow Wrist pads are large, soft and portable.
You can get these in sets of four, and they’re available in a few different colors (i.e. blue, gray, and even purple).
There are a lot of products like this available on sites like Amazon. Basically, you get a soft fleece surface with additional padding, such as memory foam, underneath. The bottom is lined with non-slip rubber so the pads will stay in place. These elbow desk pads have a large enough surface area to provide relief and comfort to your forearm and wrist.
The two pads in this set are each 11.87 x 7.87-inches.
If you want to rest your sore elbows and wrists each on their own luxurious fleece lined pillow, then this is a good choice.
However, if you’re looking for more height, firmness, and overall support for specific conditions like CTS, then also consider a product like the Brila or the Gimars gel pads (below).
- Because of 4 different small-sized elbow pads, it becomes very comfortable to use these elbow pads.
- It helps to reduce pressure on the wrist and elbow, reducing the overall elbow pain.
- They have a small size, yet perfect for your elbows and acquire very little space on your desk.
- It is not long-lasting and deflates after using it short term.
This computer wrist elbow pad is designed specifically to reduce the pain and strain that comes with resting your wrists on the desk all day. It is made with a thick and comfortable memory cotton materials.
And if you’re worried about a soft pad constantly slipping and moving around while working, this one has a nice, durable nonstick rubber lining on the sides and bottom.
This pad is 31.5 inches long and 7.9 inches wide. This wide format design makes it really easy to just place the pad in front of your keyboard and rest your forearm and wrist while typing away.
It also comes in a bunch of different colors so you can find one that fits the styling of your workspace or home office.
It’s designed to give you a nice and level wrist position while working. But, because of the larger surface area, you’ll need a little more desk space with this product. Keep this in mind if you’re working on a small desk or table.
- With its large size, it is perfect for office, home, students, and gamers.
- Made up of memory cotton, it is soft and warm to touch.
- It helps to provide ideal posture to the wrist, reducing the chances of wrist and elbow pain.
- It occupies more table space.
- Its height is perfect for a keyboard, but a little small for a mouse.
The Gimars wrist and elbow pads combo is a perfect solution to provide comfort amd support when working in your office or home. It comes with a 6.3 x 3.1 inch mouse pad for the wrist and a 13.3 x 4.1-inch keyboard pad for the elbow.
This pad set is made from memory foam, which will stay intact and adapt to your wrist and elbow positions.
This is a simple, black, modern design that will fit into any professional work environment. It’s easy to clean and provides enough height and firmness to adequately support your wrist at an even level when typing. This is crucial to prevent the pain and numbness that comes from a poorly aligned wrist.
Filled with memory foam, this elbow pad is very comfortable. For better hand movement, the mouse pad has gel-filled inside it. Suppose you are worried about its slimming after using it, then no need to worry. It is made of premium quality of material because of which it bounces back your wrist and elbow giving it, a perfect working posture and ultimately lasting long.
For some customers seeking a larger surface with a soft texture, this product might be too firm. Also, if you need less padding (f you have a thin keyboard or lap top for instance) there may be too much height with this pad.
Of course, if it’s not to your liking, this one comes with a 100% money-back
- It is pretty easy to clean this elbow or wrist mat with a wet cloth.
- It has an anti-slip base to provide a firm grip while working with it.
- Improving elbow’s posture, these elbow pads help to remove wrist and elbow pain as well.
- It is a very bouncy and comfortable pad that is soft to touch.
- It is slightly overpriced.
When purchasing a desk elbow and/or wrist support pad, you want a material that is soft, smooth (non-abrasive), breathable, and easy to clean. On the softer side you have fabrics like fleece.
On the more breathable side, you have gel pads upholstered in Lycra. Both will work, it’s just a matter of personal preference and style.
Check the dimensions to make sure the pad will fit on your desk, of course. But also you’ll want to make sure the size is large enough so you can rest your arm or wrist comfortably.
Importantly, you should also consider the height of the pad, as you need something that provides a level surface with the keyboard and mouse.
For example, if the padding is to thin, you will still need to type at an angle, which can cause increased wrist pain that leads to CTS. Keep it even and level at all times if possible.
Consider an elbow pad that has an anti-skid base to enhance your comfort level while working. Most pads have a rubber surface for this reason. And a gel pad, like the Jelbows, is designed to stay put.
Now that we are at the end of our discussion looking for the best desk elbow pads for a comfortable workspace, we can conclude that elbow pads are not only medically suitable but will also provide you a better working experience. And an elbow pad will become your best comfort go-to in office.
At last, it is always better to maintain precautions when working for long hours, in the same posture. So, use an elbow pad before the pain becomes worse.
Other Products We Considered
The Office Chair Picks editorial team researches hundreds of products based on consumer reviews, brand quality, and value. We then choose a shorter list for in-depth research and testing before finalizing our top picks. These are the products we considered that ultimately didn't make our top 5.
- ELZO Keyboard Wrist Rest Pad
- Soqool Keyboard Wrist Rest
- iLeadon Keyboard Wrist Rest Pad and Mouse Wrist Rest
- Gorilla Grip Soft Gel Memory Foam Ergonomic Wrist Rest
- Yolanda Keyboard Wrist Rest + Mouse Pad + Mouse Wrist Rest
- WB WEIRDBEAST Keyboard Wrist Rest + Mouse Pad + Mouse Wrist Rest