This is our review of the best gaming chairs with footrests for 2021.
When you are gaming, spending hours upon hours at your desk, comfort is likely to be the first thing that you look for in a gaming chair.
A footrest attachment on a gaming chair adds an extra level of comfort by giving you the ability to fully relax when the chair is reclined.
Ergonomically speaking, a footrest takes the pressure of your feet when sitting for longer periods and also releases strain your from your thighs, opens up your hip angle, and can improve blood circulation.
With your feet properly rested, you will also take pressure of your lower back. But for most of us, it simply makes the chair more comfortable and allows for some relaxing while gaming or working.
Our Picks: Best Gaming Chair with Footrest
- Respawn 110 Racing Stlye Gaming Chair (Best Overall with Retractable Footrest)
- Nokaxus Classic Series (Classic Racing Style Option)
- Hbada Ergonomic PC Gaming Chair with Footrest (Best Gaming/Office Hybrid Option)
- The Blue Whale Gaming Chair (Top Big & Tall Option with Footrest)
- GANK Racing Style Gaming Chair (Roomy with Full Recline Option)
Keep on reading to learn about each chair in greater detail, including the key features, specifications and pros and cons.
We’ll follow that up with a handy buyer’s guide so you can choose wisely among the growing range of gaming chairs with retractable footrests on the market.
Let’s get started.
As mentioned, up first on our top five gaming chairs with footrests is the Respawn 110.
This chair is ergonomic in all of the places that it matters, and stylish in all the aesthetic categories. This chair is upholstered in a bonded leather and can be bought in a variety of different color options. The green option, for example, is mainly black leather with pops of racing style lime green that contrast in a modern and fresh look.
The shape of the chair itself is designed to look like a racing car chair, with bucket seat-like qualities. The head pillow and adjustable lumbar support are detachable and adjustable for extra comfort when sweating it out while gaming.
And most importantly, the footrest of the Respawn chair is retractable and easily concealed under the seat when not in use.
When you want to relax and recline the seat to its maximum tilt of 155-degrees, you can also adjust the footrest by extending it. The footrest is made from the same bold-colored bonded leather with ample cushioning, so even when you are relaxing, your chair looks the part.
- Maximum Recline Angle: 155°
- Weight Capacity: 275 lbs
- Seat Width: 20″
- Back height: 20.37″
- A large selection of colors available.
- Extendable footrest so that you can choose what length to have it from the seat itself.
- Bucket seat-style design makes this chair appear like a racing car seat.
- Since the material is bonded leather, it is not very breathable.
Learn More: Read our full review of the Respawn 110.
- GAMIFIED SEATING: A racecar-style gaming chair that provides luxury and comfort, whether it's used for intense gaming sessions and climbing to the top of the leaderboards, or long work days.
- ERGONOMIC COMFORT: With segmented padded designed to give highly contoured support when and where you need it most, this ergonomic chair is also equipped with an extendable footrest for position reinforcement. Adjustable headrest and lumbar support pillows, as well as padded armrests provide all-around comfort.
Next on the list is the Nokaxus Racing Gaming Chair.
Similar to the Respawn, this chair (also known as the Classic Series) is designed with a sleek racing style design and ergonomic contours. We’ve reviewed chairs from Nokaxus before and think they make great chairs for the mid-budget price point.
When compared to other chairs on this list, this gaming chair is slimmer in silhouette, the sides and seat are not as bulky, and the footrest is also slightly smaller. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, since a more petite chair could work better in your gaming set up. However, if you need wider proportions, the Classic Series might be a little tight.
But even though you get a slimmer profile, this chair actually has a higher weight capacity of 350 lbs compared to the 275 lb capacity of the Respawn. That’s pretty impressive for a chair in this category! It’s just shy of the recommended ANSI/BIFMA large occupant standard of 400 lbs.
As far as looks go, the classic red color option is a vibrant choice, with crimson stripes that mimic racing stripes, and red piping that give the chair an overall professional finish.
And like most gaming chairs, with or without footrests, the Nokaxus chair is upholstered in a water-resistant and durable PU fabric. This type of leather tends to be more breathable than traditional leather and much easier to maintain and clean.
These properties help in gaming environments when the temp starts to rise during and a lot of food and drink is consumed during extended gaming sessions.
The footrest is concealed under the seat in the same way as the Respawn’s, but the cushion itself is a lot smaller and thinner. It is a simple rectangle of covered padding. But the retractable foot support is still there regardless of the size of the footrest. If it’s too firm, you can easily add a blanket or extra cushion.
- Max Recline Angle: 180°
- Weight Capacity: 350 lbs (although manufacturer states it can actually hold up to 396 lbs)
- Seat Width: 16.5″
- Back Height: 36.2″
- High weight capacity and sturdy metal frame build considering the size and sleek profile.
- Includes rocking functionality
- PU fabric that is water-resistant and perforated, making the chair breathable and easier to clean when you are done with a particularly tough gaming session.
- The footrest is adjustable to get the fit and comfort just right
- Lumbar support and head pillow are adjustable and detachable.
- The footrest is on the smaller side compared to some of the others on this list.
- Overall size and actual width of the chair (16.5″), especially with flared backrest and sides, might be too tight for larger customers (despite the higher weight capacity)
- Height adjustment range of only 3″
- ★MATERIAL: high-quality PU leather, the chair is equipped with large and soft handrails whose height can be adjusted. Thicker high density sponge will give you more comfortable cushioning experience and wide backrest will provide you with better support.
- ★SAFE: accessories as well as SGS Class 9 barometer provide safe and smooth seat lifting functions and the thickened support chassis guarantees the stability of chairs. Besides, thickened steel frames ensure the reliability of chairs, large- sized PU wheels protect the wooden floors from being scratched, and high density cushion sponges will ensure long-term non-deformation
The third gaming chair on our list is this ergonomically designed PC gaming chair from Hbada, a well-known name in the budget-friendly gaming and office chair space.
This is a comfortable, thickly padded, and supportive chair that could easily double as the primary work chair for your home office. It does still have the gaming chair aesthetic, but the curves and minimal flared components (especially on the seat) are less aggressive. This makes for a wider seat with less of a bucket-style racing design. Also, a wide seat and flatter seat is preferable when you need to use this as a task chair in between gaming sessions.
And it also comes in some neutral color schemes, including a black and gray combo that will fit right into most work setups.
With a max recline of 135 degrees, you’re not going to get as much of a recline angle with this one compared to the Respawn or Hbada above. Those chairs allow you to basically lay back in nap mode, while the Hbada still forces you to maintain a somewhat upright posture.
But, fortunately, this model does include the basic adjustability options you would expect in a decent office or gaming chair, including an adjustment range of about 4″ and three separate locking recline positions.
Of course, this model also comes with a footrest, which is retractable and designed with extra padding on the front side for supreme comfort. It’s not a very wide footrest, however. So, again, many users like to add a pillow to add room and comfort when resting their feet.
Like the other two chairs, the Hbada has adjustable and removable lumbar support, making it more versatile and easier to customize to your daily gaming needs. This is a common feature on most gaming chairs, with or without footrests.
My preference is to keep these cushions in place, as I like the added lumbar support and actually appreciate the firmness of the cushion. But many other users will just remove the cushion as it tends to get in the way, especially if you get all the lumbar support you need from the frame’s S-curve shape.
In terms of weight capacity, the Hbada ergonomic model falls in between the first two options at 300 lbs. This is high enough for most users and indicates a solid overall build quality. But if you prefer a high max load, even if just for extra sturdiness, than you might want to stick with a chair like the Nokaxus above or our next pick below, the Blue Whale.
- Max Recline Angle: 135°
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
- Seat Width: 20.8″
- Back Height: 28″
- Nice ergonomic design with S-curved frame for full back support, integrated headrest, and padded armrests
- Integrated footrest with extra padding
- Overall, comfortable and adaptable to either a full gaming setup or a more conventional office working environment (especially in the black and gray color combo)
- Does not include a tilt rock function, just the locking recline positions.
- Leather is not perforated, so breathability could be an issue. However, it does include nice openings beneath the integrated headrest.
- NOTICE: The footrest versions chairs are including TWO colors: Gray and RED, and will send them to you at random, pls comfirm you know the information before your payment.
- Selective Materials: Back and seat cushion are filled with native sponge, more comfortable,elasticity resilience and healthy. The surface is covered with High quality PU leather, smooth, wear-resisting and skin friendly.
The most striking thing about the chair at number four on our list is its bulkier shape.
The Blue Whale Gaming Chair is thicker and chunkier than all of the other chairs. The sides of the back panel are outlined with deep curves that resemble a car bucket seat the most on this list.
In terms of ergonomics, this chair offers both a massaging lumbar support cushion and a head pillow. Both can be adjusted or removed depending on your preference.
The chair is upholstered with a ‘skin-friendly’ PU fabric, meaning you won’t get irritated by the material. This is a cool feature that’s ideal when you are gaming for long periods of time or when temperatures rise a bit.
We also like that the padding in the seat, back and footrest is a high density sponge for added comfort. This might seem firm at first. But over time, you’ll appreciate a higher density foam versus a chair that’s too soft. The Blue Whale does well in the department, and it’s definitely designed for longer sessions.
The retractable footrest on this chair is similar to the other chairs. It’s a simple and functional component that’s upholstered in the same breathable fabric and cushioned with the high density foam material. In fact, it provides even more cushioning for your feet than most chairs with this feature.
I will say that, with all the added foam contours, and cushioning, some find the overall design, including the footrest, to be a little too bulky. If you need something sleek and minimal, the Blue Whale could be overkill. But if you want to relax in style, with your feet up of course, this is one to consider.
- Max Recline Angle: 155°
- Weight Capacity: 350 lbs
- Seat Width: 20.9″
- Back Height: 32.7″
- The bulkiest and boldest of the chairs on the list.
- PU material is easy to clean and breathable.
- The footrest is retractable and adjustable.
- The lumbar massage function requires the chair to be plugged in, which could tether you to one place.
Last on the list for the best gaming chairs with footrests is the Gank Gaming Chair.
This chair is more similar to the Hbada chair in terms of the shape of the back and seat. It is slimmer than the Blue Whale chair that we just looked at, but still maintains that classic racing style aesthetic.
For ergonomic design, this gaming chair boasts a cushion for your head, as well as a lumbar support cushion that can be adjusted up and down the back panel of the chair. The material this chair is upholstered in is a PU leather that is cooler than real leather and easy to wipe clean.
The footrest of this chair is similar in shape and style to the other chairs on the list: a basic rectangle of foam covered in the same material that the seat and back of the chair is. It can be stored away under the seat for ease of use and convenience when you don’t need it.
- Max Recline Angle: 180°
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
- Seat Width: 19″
- Back Height: 34.2″
- A good balance between the sleek and bulky gaming chair designs that are on this list.
- Lumbar support includes a massaging feature.
- Footrest is retractable.
- Some buyers have reported that the armrests come loose on the chair over time.
- 【Upgrade Configuration】: Our gaming chair’s gas lift is Class-3 verified by SGS, more stable, with a maximum load capacity of 300 pounds; Use the rubber pu wheel to protect the floor without scratches.
- 【Ergonomic Design】: Detachable neck pillow & Massage Headrest & Telescopic footrest & Round wide-faced liftable handrail. Whether it is a game player or an office worker, it is worth having such a comfortable gaming chair/comfortable office chair.
Guide to Buying a Gaming Chair with Footrest
We already know why you’re looking to find the best gaming chair with a footrest. It’s more comfortable to recline back and put your feet up. And that’s a great option to have whether you’re using this type of chair for gaming or office work.
When you’re trying to find a chair like this, you still need to evaluate the chair as a whole, and then see how the footrest is integrated into the design.
Ergonomics and Adjustability
The first step in this process is to evaluate the chairs based on ergonomics. You can find a nice comfy chair, but if it doesn’t support you or allow for a significant range of adjustability, you will find that the footrest doesn’t make up for these flaws.
Look for the following, at a minimum:
- Height adjustability (at least 4″ range is preferred)
- Recline angles from 90 degrees to at least 120 degrees
- Tilt tension for control with rocking back and forth and/or locking recline positions
- Padded and adjustable armrests (height adjustable at a minimum, but also having width, depth and angle is better)
- S-curved back rest with built-in lumbar support
- Passive front seat edge to reduce pressure on the back of your thighs
- Headrest attachment or integrated into the design. This is a must when looking at a chair with footrests.
If you can find all or most of those ergonomic design elements, you’re off to a good start. But it doesn’t end there.
Additional Features and Materials
For maximum control, it’s best to find a chair that also has a seat depth adjustment option. Then there are the materials and padding.
We like chairs with at least 3″ of dense foam padding and breathable materials. Since we’re talking about gaming chairs here, we’re not expecting to find mesh on our seat backs. But a well-made PU leather with either perforated sections, ergonomic contours and raised sides to increase airflow, and/or openings for additional ventilation are a must.
It’s also helpful to have additional lumbar support, especially with gaming chairs. Luckily, most gaming chairs come with a removable and adjustable lumbar cushion.
This is the final piece. Once you’ve confirmed that the chair meets your ergonomic needs and has the right specifications (include chair width and weight capacity), and you like the style and color options, it’s time to make sure the footrest is up to snuff.
The step is to make sure it is retractable, foldable or at least removable. You want to be able to tuck it away when not in use. And if you’re using this as an office chair, you’ll need to sit upright most of the time, with legs at a 90-degree angle and feet flat on the floor So that the footrest should not get in the way even when retracted or folded under the chair.
It should also be adjustable. You want to make sure you can get the right length when either sitting upright or in recline mode so you can rest your feet on that sweet spot.
It should match the aesthetics of your chair and provide just as much if not more cushioning. If you have a thinly padded footrest, you easily wear that out over time and it will lose its appeal. The best components have additional padding right where your feet will rest (like the Hbada mentioned above.)
Frequently Asked Questions
If you still have some questions surrounding what the best gaming chair is with a footrest, we have pulled together some frequently asked questions that you might have come across when searching.
Are the footrests detachable?
Even though these chairs will all arrive at your doorstep, some self-assembly may be required from you.
The footrests seem to already be attached to the underside of the seat, and the manufacturers, in some cases, do not recommend you removing them yourself. This is because the way the footrest is designed and attached means that the attachments used are not designed to be tampered with by the consumer and could lead to a breakage.
However, since all of the chairs on our list have footrests with the ability to fold under the seat, the need to remove them completely is reduced. You can simply conceal them under the chair when you no longer have a use for them.
Will the footrest tilt with the chair?
No, once the footrest is extended it will not be affected by the tilt of the back of the chair. The footrest on all of these chairs is attached to the underside of the seat, and since the seat isn’t affected by the back tilt of the chair, the footrest is not either.
Basically, the footrest will only move when the seat does, which will only be up and down thanks to the gas lift adjustable feature on all of the chairs that allow you to adjust the height.
Why do I need a footrest on my gaming chair?
You don’t particularly need a footrest on your gaming chair, but since all of these chairs are multipurpose, a footrest is definitely a bonus. When we say multipurpose, we mean that these gaming chairs can be used in the home office as well as a gaming set up, since they are ergonomically designed.
The footrest is designed to add to the experience of the reclining feature of the back of the chairs. Once fully reclined to each of the chairs’ maximum tilts, your legs might also benefit from the footrest for a fully relaxing experience.
Current Amazon Bestsellers
- COMFORT FROM EVERY ANGLE - Our brand-new ergonomic racing chair is thickly cushioned for maximum comfort, whether you’re spending long hours at the office, in front of the computer, or gaming. Covered with breathable premium PU leather, the chair is equipped with freely adjustable lumbar support and a headrest pillow to protect your spine and neck, while the adjustable reclining feature allows users to lock in any reclining position, from 90-155°.
- BUILT FOR ALL-DAY COMFORT - Bucket seats provide extra comfort for those long working days, with an extremely comfortable back that molds around and supports your spine, while freely adjustable lumbar support and a cushioned headrest pillow protect your spine and neck.
- Multi-Purpose Use: The big and tall gaming chair comes with headrest and lumbar support to ease the fatigue of sitting for a long time. The gaming chair with the retractable footrest can let you rest more comfortably when you are tired. This gamer chair can support 400 LBS. The versatile video game chair can be adapted to your work, rest, read, and play games. Dimensions: 28''(L) x 28''(W) x51.6''-56''(H); Sitting Area Dimensions: 22.6''(L) x 22.6''(W), Sitting height: 18.8''-23.2''.
- High-Quality Materials: This gaming chair with skin-friendly PU has good tactile resistance to wear and is easy to clean. The solid steel frame support gives a thick feeling. The high elastic sponge is filled in the headrest lumbar support and footrest, making it comfortable and reliable.
- 🎮 [INTRODUCING N-GEN] Next Generation of Gaming Chairs. Determined to provide you fine quality at a great value. Each chair is crafted by N-GEN with meticulous attention to detail. No middleman, directly to your doorsteps.
- 🎮 [ALL ABOUT THE SEAT] The leveled seat provides spacious comfort without restrictions. Deeper, wider, and fuller than competitors for superior comfort. Feel the difference with N-GEN's CITUS.
The Respawn Racing Style Gaming Chair has the top place on our list of the top 5 gaming chairs with footrests for many reasons.
The main one being that the footrest itself is far better quality than the footrests on the other chairs: it is upholstered in the exact same way as the rest of the chair, making it more cohesive as an overall product aesthetically.
In terms of adjustability, the Respawn is levels above some of the other chairs. It has 4D adjustability, meaning that you can change the height of the chair, recline the back, pivot the armrests and even extend the footrest to any position along its attachment.
Overall, the shape and silhouette of the Respawn chair is closer to resembling a racing car bucket seat than the other gaming chairs. Therefore, it is more striking in appearance. Aesthetically, the Respawn is also available in more color options than the four other chairs on the list, so it’s a lot easier for you to find your perfect match for your gaming set up.